Recent content by Odd-Arne Oseberg

1. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Uninformed Drummer Dad | Snare Question

He seems pretty well set up. As many have said, the Renown snare is already a nice drum. It's still nice to have a metal shell when that doesn't work and that's usually more due to venue or how to cut through in a specific group than the style of music. A Supraphonic is a drum he will always...
  2. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Uninformed Drummer Dad | Snare Question

He seems pretty wel set up. As many have said, the Renown snare is already a nice drum. It's still nice to have a metal shell when that doesn't work and that's usually more due to venue or how to cut in a specific group than the style of music. A Supraphonic is a drum he will always have use...
  3. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Changing name/deleting account

SirSwingsALotLessAndRocksMoreTheseDays?
  4. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Much respect to those who record...

I personally just prefer live albums anyway. 😄 No real recording for me since the drums entered my life, but what's important varies greatly. Regardless of instrument it's just about having it down, keeping the chops generally inside your comfort zone and just going for good feel and energy.
  5. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Supraphonic has a mind of its own...

When I go to work in a new school and go check out the stuff in storage it's quite normal for a number of the snares to have broken snareside heads. They do wear even if you don't play them and though you don't hit that head the snares are certainy constantly scratching it. Although I've never...
  6. Odd-Arne Oseberg

storing snares, detune all heads/moisture pack?

They are tuned and ready to play in my default medium to medium high tuning.
  7. Odd-Arne Oseberg

DW Drums from a Non-DW Player's Perspective

- US made. - Make stuff completely from scratch. - New designs. - Nice veneers. All this makes for higher cost and would for any other type of product, as well. For a grumpy old guy like me, the best parts are: - Their hardware. - They saved Gretsch. I think DW generally achieve what...
  8. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Four Stroke Roll Lead Hand?

Leading with the left will always condition it more, but in many ways it's harder to be precise with the limb that follows, so that may explain why it's easier to start with the left. If things have to be even depends a bit on what you want to do. Personally, I want to improvise and don't have...
  9. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Possible new drummer - ekit vs acoustic/mesh heads/LV cymbals vs acoustic/cymbals/mutes

As long as you have something where yoy can adjust the height and get a propper posture it's fine.
  10. Odd-Arne Oseberg

The Perfect Movie

Definetly.
  11. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Possible new drummer - ekit vs acoustic/mesh heads/LV cymbals vs acoustic/cymbals/mutes

It's sort of where I started. I was a teacher and had to start teaching drums. I was 32. I had access to kits where I worked and after I while I borrowed some pieces from storage that I took home and dampened in some primitive way so I could start on a bit on coordination work. You definetly...
  12. Odd-Arne Oseberg

I guess I sort of agree with the practice pad idea. Since you're a grown up you probably understand why. Get a couple of lessons from someone who can show you the basics of technique and for variation rent a practice room with a kit once in a while. During this time do your research on what...
  13. Odd-Arne Oseberg

What got you started playing drums?

Music- I came late to the drums. They might have been an optin if my parents thought about it, but it was first organ, the saxophone and then guitar for 25 years of school, pro and then teacher. My first musical hero was probably Bob Marley. I was 4. Drummer- It's been Vinnie for me, but I've...
  14. Odd-Arne Oseberg

LCD burning out?

When on all the time for 15 years it isn't that uncommon. It should be able to replace, but may not be worth it.