Recent content by Odd-Arne Oseberg

1. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Which Tom?

I use Selleck myself.
  2. Odd-Arne Oseberg

What are the simplest songs you play that you love?

Fixed....and it's as good an example as any because if it was easy everyone would sound just as good playing it. They don't.
  3. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Virgin kick or not?

If you have a mount you can always choose to not use it. The other way around is a wee bit more difficult. Even if not optimal for you it will make things easier sometimes
  4. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Cajon information required

http://cajonguide.com/best-cajon-pedals/ Cajon choice is hard. If I didn't know I'd check the less expensive Meinl and Pearl models and just see as I tried and researched more.
  5. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Burying the stick in the snare...New Technique?

There's a right and wrong way to do this, too. You can apply all relevant principles to this as well. It doesn't have to hurt you.
  6. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Best snare new or used under $300?

For what?
  7. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Good brand to get back to playing drums

This guy plays Russell Brand.
  8. Odd-Arne Oseberg

What I Like About DW

But what will you do with the drums themselves?
  9. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Practise room - help!

You can get away with very little. I have more channels, but for practice I just use BD + OHs most of the time. If you have an iPad you can probably get most of all the things you want to play to from that. I use Spotify(combine Amazing Slowdowner with that), DrumJam and Pro Metronome. Unless...
  10. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Drummers Gloves

If you play like this maybe they'll help. You can also learn proper technique.
  11. Odd-Arne Oseberg

Using training pad vs playing electronic drums

It's going to change a lot over time. Personally, I'm not a fan of any of those surfaces, especially mesh, but opinions differ. If the plan is to play an acoustic kit I'd definetly recommend getting access to that sometimes. A snare doesn't need to be expensive and there's probably a room you...
  12. Odd-Arne Oseberg

"Pad Book"

I got it today. Basically, it starts off with stickings and basic accent patters + some reading text, but they're written out from triplets to septulets. Chapter 2 is your mixed subdivision stuff and Chapter 3 is hand independnce.
  13. Odd-Arne Oseberg

James Gadson

He is on s2e6 of 24 hours with Gordon Ramsay.