Recent content by ocgvictoria

1. ocgvictoria

Ludwig Classic Oak Drumset Demo

Thanks for the demo. Kit sounds good, snare too. Were you tuning all the drums or just the snare? Hard to tell on my phone which has pretty bad sound. EDITED: Just saw and heard this on my iPad with nice headphones. Cool kit.
  2. ocgvictoria

Thicker Head for 6.5” Aluminium Philharmonic

I’ll have to try one on the16”! Thanks (y)
  3. ocgvictoria

How are you finding the ‘roo heads tunability on tom’s? I’ve got them on snares but haven’t made the move to Tom’s yet.
  4. ocgvictoria

I have always thought the same thing about ’roo heads vs calf skins. A little more attack with a slightly different sound. That being said, because natural skin heads are getting so hard to find and the prices rising so quickly (understandably too, given the process!), I also have several new...
  5. ocgvictoria

Just saw this thread. I have a smaller Philharmonic (13x4 maple in black) and love the Diplomat Renaissance on it. No other head produces a crack that cuts through the string orchestra I play with even during soft sections that need lots of articulation. But it you don’t care for that sound...
  6. ocgvictoria

Installing internal muffler - assistance requested

Joe, Thanks for sharing pictures of your project. That looks like a hell of muffler, I assume it can be rotated to partially on and full on settings? Are you set up to record then post some audio samples of the muffler in action? Very nice project, thanks again for sharing.
  7. ocgvictoria

Need help to ID old Premier Drum set

Ahhhh, thanks.
  8. ocgvictoria

That must be why Old Dog New Cans post (#19 on this thread) had a Yamaha tom mount on the bass drum.
  9. ocgvictoria

Slingerlands completed!

Those Acrolites are solid snares; would probably look and sound great with your Singerlands.
  10. ocgvictoria

Never knew Yamaha owned Premier :unsure: But if that happened in the 80s or 90s I was out of drumming at that time. Hmmm, would Yamaha hardware parts fit this kit if I ever needed them?
  11. ocgvictoria

Are you referring to the bass drum claws? They were on the drum when I bought it and I assumed they were were original Premier claws but I can’t say for sure. I can say they work just fine.
  12. ocgvictoria

Kit is coming together nicely. The mounted Tom is done. Still have a bit of cleanup to do on the snare drum lugs and rods.
  13. ocgvictoria

Love to see some photos of your wrap!
  14. ocgvictoria

Slingerlands completed!

Beautiful! Don’t leave them out in the sun anywhere in Texas because they would be too hot to touch :) Back in my youth - many decades ago in the early 70s - I had a “bottom of the line” Slingerland set that if I remember correctly, my mom ordered from the Sears catalog! They weighed a ton but...
  15. ocgvictoria

Anyone ever try calf heads on a modern drum

For my smallest concert snare - a Pearl Philharmonic 13x4” maple - I use the Kentville kangaroo head that develops a wicked crack that can cut through the string orchestra I play with, even during some of the really soft sections that need super articulation. (“The Little Drummer Boy” during...