Recent content by NYDRUMMA

1. N

Rush - Animate Drum Cover

New style of music for me. This had some fast 32nd notes and sextuplets that I didn't always play clean. I'm still learning and this groove was infectious. Hitting the bell on the upbeat took some getting used to but it's something that I had (and still do) to work on. I've been concentrating...
  2. N

Aquarian Cymbal Springs....Bad Purchase?

I purchased an aquarian cymbal spring because I was told that it would extend the life of cymbals. I purchased it when I bought a used 16" Paiste signature power crash. Shortly after the crash cracked. I thought no big deal that's what I get for buying used. After that I purchased a new set of...
  3. N

Cracking cymbals is it poor technique? Also a question about thickness.

Recently I've been playing with more confidence and hitting harder. I cracked an A custom 16 inch medium thin crash that was used and old and I replaced it with a 16 inch Paiste signature power crash used from ebay. Well 3 weeks with that crash and it is cracking. I am also noticing that my...
  4. N

My drumming is starting to "click." I think I'm getting it...

UPDATE: March 2012 Ok, so it's been about six more months, I'm still doing the cover thing as I feel I'm just not ready/confident enough to try a band. The situation would have to be right also. I practice these covers and other things a lot and finding the right people patient enough when I...
  5. N

Started my drum room a couple of weeks ago. Some progress photos.

So first thing is first. This is my first house and the first project I've ever taken on virtually alone, so go easy on my craftsmanship. Up until I started this project you probably could have extracted more carpentry out of a set of drumsticks than my hands....yeah THAT BAD lol. A few things...
  6. N

Questions on mixing drums. Very confused

Sorry for asking so many questions and sorry if this is the wrong place doesnt seem to be a recording section though. But I literally know almost nothing about recording and I am trying to learn. The way I use my Zoom R16 Mixer is to record to the memory card and then transport to my pc and mix...
  7. N

Made my first recording and mix with my new drum mics could use some mixing help.

I am new to everything started drumming in May (played a ton of Rock Band XBOX before that). I have tried making my first recording using Cad Pro 7drum mics Audio Technica ATM 25, the zoom r16 and reaper. .I also used Audio Technica ATH M50 Headphones. Tips would be very useful. As I listen...
  8. N

Help with recording gear is any of this useful for drums?

I recently purchased a Zoom R16 recorder interface on ebay for $375. With it came: 2 Astatic CTM-77 microphones ARTcessories Phantom II power supply Alesis ModFX Smashup Radio Shack 170mhz wireless lapel mic 4 Whirlwind xlr cables Phillips SBC HP200 Headphones. I know that I can use...
  9. N

Suggestions for audio recording hardware/software.

Ok so i've started framing the wall for my studio and I have everything I need for the build of it, so it should be completed in about a month. Now on to the actual studio/recording part. I recently purchased some cheap mics from ebay. CAD PRO 7 and CAD PRO 4 that were packaged together for...
  10. N

My first drum cover.

I know i have some issues with spacing but to me this is huge progress. I never thought after only 3 months of lessons that I could even do a cover. I worked hard on this song for 4 days and I will continue to tighten it up. Sorry about the audio all i have is a digital camera. Prior to the...
  11. N

Need help with drum room build decisions. Soundproofing, or acoustics and gear?

I am going to be building a drum/music room in my basement and was going to soundproof it. I was going to use green glue resilient hat channel and clips fiber wool and maybe some underlayment. After thinking out the costs I began to wonder what I am looking to accomplish. I don't need to reduce...
  12. N

Second time Drum buyer = Holy cow what a deal!

So earlier this week I posted about having a bad experience buying my first drumset, well actually it was my daughters. Well today more than made up for it. So for work I was out near the Utica, NY area (I am from the niagara falls area 250 miles away) and decided what the heck lets check...
  13. N

First time drum buyer = learning experience.

Well I bought my 10 year old daughter a drum kit from craigslist and I have never owned or bought a drum set before. I did a lot of research on sets and how much they usually go for, but I didn't research what you should look for to make sure you're getting the best deal. I bought my daughter...
  14. N

Frustrated with Instructor and Drum school. How NOT to run a business.

This is a super long rant and I apologize in advance, but I don’t know any other drummers, so nobody else cares or talks to me about it. I just felt a need to vent. LOL I am very serious about learning to drum. For a year I have messed around with drums. I can play OK over music and I can cover...