Recent content by No Way Jose

1. No Way Jose

Fired for COVID/ Age

Deep-dive bars. First time I heard that term. Kinda sounds challenging. Like, "Hey wanna eat my cooking?" Ha nobody ever does.
  2. No Way Jose

Fired for COVID/ Age

Stop being old!
  3. No Way Jose

Stupid things you have a hard time getting

I practice 8 stroke rolls but don't actually use them much when playing along with recordings. I'm a little concerned about you using your wrists. The idea is to guide the stick. Let the stick bounce. Your hands and wrists shouldn't really do much work.
  4. No Way Jose

Band names?

RoadBitch
  5. No Way Jose

Anyone do a permanent "mod" to their sticks (not just tape)?

I write my name on them with a marker pen.
  6. No Way Jose

Drum teacher tells me to ignore metronome for now

Sometimes I use a metronome, sometimes I don't. If I'm learning a new pattern then I practice it slowly without a metronome.
  7. No Way Jose

What's a piece of drum gear that you like the IDEA of having it, but you have reservations or simply no use for it?

I have a cymbal that I don't connect with. But it's a good cymbal.
  8. No Way Jose

Rosie

The Rolling Stones recorded "Scarlet" with Jimmy Page.
  9. No Way Jose

Beginner Drummer

If you want to jam with bands then play along with recordings, or the radio. Audition for bands now because the gig situation can't get much worse, what do you have to lose?
  10. No Way Jose

ARE YOU A DIVE BAR DRUMMER?

I've played dive bars before. Probably will again.
  11. No Way Jose

Band names?

Well they are going to be landing on Mars so maybe some Martian name. Mars Rocks Batteries Are Low We Like Plutonium Red Planet Something like that.
  12. No Way Jose

COVID and Creativity

Kids in my neighborhood are jamming and writing songs. I don't think their creativity is stopping any time soon. They don't go to bars so the thought of the loss of gigs may not enter their minds.
  13. No Way Jose

Approaching the Instrument

Actually I sneak up on my drum kit and when it's not looking I set down my beer, jump on it and start playing a groove before the dust rises.
  14. No Way Jose

Need help with relaxation!

I think after 200 gigs the problem will go away.
  15. No Way Jose

So I'm working on something..

Cowbells are cool, don't let women lead you away from your awesome cowbell destiny.