Recent content by No Way Jose

1. No Way Jose

Tempo vs. Type of Note

It is often possible to write notes in music notation a number of ways. As you said, quarter notes at fast tempo can sound like eighth notes at slow tempo.
  2. No Way Jose

Used Zildjian ZBT - Worth it?

If you play rock music then you might like the 16 inch ZBT crash and 22 inch ride cymbals. They are loud, bright sounding (maybe a little harsh sounding) and will cut through if you jam with other musicians. I have the 16 inch ZBT crash and 22 inch ZBT ride cymbals, I like them. They are...
  3. No Way Jose

Compressor as quasi-trigger for bass?

If you are looking for an aggressive compressor then try a limiter.
  4. No Way Jose

Gear you wished existed...

Cowbell mounts that don't cost more than a cowbell. A backdrop light effects thing that can make the liquid overhead projector effect that I see on old Jefferson Airplane videos.
  5. No Way Jose

Am I the only one?

Here is my guess. There is what I call an "auditory illusion" that happens in a band. It's like an optical illusion. A single instrument might not sound that good on it's own. But when the sound is combined with sounds of other instruments the imperfections disappear. Our brains seek harmony and...
  6. No Way Jose

OCD or normal jacking around?

I suspect drums and cymbal stands secretly move around when no one is looking.
  7. No Way Jose

Phil Spector Dies...

Phil Spector had a strange life. Made some great recordings though.
  8. No Way Jose

Sequel/Follow Up to "The Drumset Musician" Book?

The Gigging Drummer.
  9. No Way Jose

Anyone else considering selling their kit?

I know lots of drummers that sold their kits only to replace them later. Sometimes the house, spouse, job and kids distract people from what they are. Then life changes and they play drums again.
  10. No Way Jose

Anyone NOT plan on playing out anymore?

I'm gigging tonight. tomorrow and probably Sunday. Having too much fun to stop. Making a little money, meeting lots of people.
  11. No Way Jose

LOOKING FOR SPACE METAL/ROCK SONGS

Mothership
  12. No Way Jose

Extension Arm To Fit Stand

Various clamps here: https://www.sweetwater.com/c1213--Drum_Clamps
  13. No Way Jose

Drums/Cymbals Ratio

I have 5 cymbals and 4 drums. Spent $ 200 on drums and about $ 500 on cymbals and stands.
  14. No Way Jose

Is a PDP 5-peice birch any good?

USA $ 250 is a good price for drums, hardware and cymbals. If the kit is in good condition then buy it. You can likely sell it later if you lose interest and get most of your money back, maybe even sell at a profit. Pearl Exports and Tama Rockstars are also good drums.
  15. No Way Jose

Planning a Music Jam

Can we come?