Recent content by No Way Jose

1. No Way Jose

what some lucky dude found in the woods

I feel there is something wrong with this. Some out of luck drummer lost their place to live and lost their drums.
  2. No Way Jose

Do live sound engineers typically charge/receive more $$ on a holiday?

I imagine there is more demand for sound people during holiday weekends. It makes sense to charge more. The gig should pay more too.
  3. No Way Jose

Fired before the first meet!

The music business strikes again.
  4. No Way Jose

New Drum Set Prices and MAP

Wait for some items to go on sale. I wonder if online stores will give a telephone discount during a holiday weekend even if the item itself isn't on sale.
  5. No Way Jose

New guy ( guitar player!) Wants a VERY cheap SNARE?

Check resale shops. I remember seeing a Tama snare for $ 35. You'll need a snare drum stand also...
  6. No Way Jose

Pa and monitoring for a singer

That Behringer B205d powered speaker looks so handy that I might buy one. It fits on a mic stand. You could put it next to the singer. I have a Behringer B208d 180 watt powered speaker. I like it a lot and it has a clear crisp sound.
  7. No Way Jose

Here’s a funny thing about teaching...

I bet if someone came to you - any of you - say, during a break at a gig and asked about a technique then you would help them, show them how they might develop the skill.
  8. No Way Jose

What's That in the Tip Bucket?

Even if we don't put out a tip jar there is still likely to be somebody that wants to give us a tip, People have stuffed money in my shirt pocket before. Sometime an unlabeled plastic cup works. What cracks me up is I have a tip jar that my ex girlfriend made. I used it for years. Nobody wants...
  9. No Way Jose

Pa and monitoring for a singer

Does she have a monitor now?
  10. No Way Jose

Best drum-related gift you've ever received (from another drummer)?

Someone gave me a pair of drum sticks. But the most helpful gift, if you want to call it that, was when a good local drummer said to me "you are a much better drummer than you think you are". Those words did more to motivate me than anything else that I encountered.
  11. No Way Jose

Cool drum rug replacer

It sounds to me that if I replace or attach rubbery material to my bass drum legs then they should stay in place.
  12. No Way Jose

Drum kit set-up

Gibraltar makes a pedal for converting a floor tom: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar/Floor-Tom-Cocktail-Conversion-Kit-1500000342788.gc
  13. No Way Jose

Band struggles

You need a bass player. You might audition for other bands.
  14. No Way Jose

Cool drum rug replacer

What prevents the Nanomat from moving?
  15. No Way Jose

Cant find a good artist.

Audience requests. That's where I start when considering new songs for the band to learn.
Back