Recent content by Nilsdrums

1. Nilsdrums

What kind of ride cymbals you do prefer?

I usually play on a Zildjian A 21" Sweet ride or a 20" A custom and I love them! They both have really sharp bells and pretty good stick definition but I love that you can crash ride on them. I play mostly Rock, Metal, Jazz-Fusion, and Funk and they work so well for that. When I was more of a...
  2. Nilsdrums

Good cymbals for metal(Preferably Zildjian)

Same here, never been a fan of thick cymbals. I've always loved rides I can crash on like the A Sweet ride or 20" A custom ride and thinner crashes. They've always seemed more musical to me and a more pleasing tone.
  3. Nilsdrums

I actually just got a 19" A cusctom and it's great, Thats a factor but if you play with good technique and don't bash them all you can then they shouldn't break? I've played on my 16" Dark thin crash and my 18" A custom in recordings and live for a couple of years and they are fine, not saying...
  4. Nilsdrums

Heel Down Double kick?

I watched his video on Marthyns channel about it and it's cool that he uses to play heel down, seems like only reason he switched was because of limited space and that the songs got faster(220bpm+) which won't be a problem for me. We have some songs in 200bpm but i guess i'll have to try and...
  5. Nilsdrums

Heel Down Double kick?

Yeah you indeed get more power heel up and I used to get sore as well but now I've managed to get more rebound even on my stiff Roland kd9 i can play most songs, maybe not 5 minute songs with constant 16ths but a verse or two and patterns so I feel like heel down should work for me. Also power...
  6. Nilsdrums

Hi! I usually use A custom Hats, ride and a 16" K Dark thin crash together with an A custom 18" Crash. I absolutely love my K but it's too weak with the A custom when playing heavier music live. I'm thinking to maybe use the 18" A custom as main crash instead and pair it with a 19" A custom...
  7. Nilsdrums

Heel Down Double kick?

Hi! I used to play the heel up ankle technique when doing faster double kicks but since struggling a bit with it I've started doing heel down for mid-tempos (Around 150-190bpm) which feels much more comfortable. I used to think that this technique was not very good for metal playing as you...
  8. Nilsdrums

Double kick fast and steady one day and sloppy the next

Hey! im actually also lefty kind off :D But I pretty much use both, I write with my left but do most other things with my right hand. I play drums just like a right handed, lead with right foot, set up the same way and I don't play open handed. I actually switch leading hand depending on the...
  9. Nilsdrums

That actually makes sense! Right now i can play 175 bpm which is the fastest my band plays but it does require for me to warm up for at least 30 mins of kick exercises and I can play for a little while after that but if I take a short break and come back I get sloppy. I have my first gig with...
  10. Nilsdrums

Hi again! I know we had this conversation a time ago but I have one question. I now play with the ankle motion and on good days I can do 16ths at 170bpm and play it straight for 3-6mins but today was one of the bad days. I could play completely relaxed with my right foot but my left just can't...
  11. Nilsdrums

Feel of a new pedal

Actually now after another practice session of a few hours I actually start to get into it! It feels amazing when playing my regular technique(Heel up leg motion) so probably the reason my ankle technique feels so weird after this change is cause it's such a new technique for me. Probably will...
  12. Nilsdrums

Feel of a new pedal

I have a Iron Cobra Power glide and i think the cam on the last one is pretty similar. It might be a little different but I'm pretty sure they are both of the accelerator/ offset cam type
  13. Nilsdrums

Feel of a new pedal

Hi! I just got a new Iron Cobra double pedal after playing on a cheap budget pedal for quite some time. It's really smooth but feels a little weird to me when playing certain things. I recently started playing with the ankle technique but struggle a little with it on this new pedal. But I have...
  14. Nilsdrums

Best mid-range double pedal?(Eliminator, Iron Cobra etc)

Thanks for the tips! Don't get me wrong it feels really smooth but just new, however, I think I had my spring tension a little higher on my last pedal so I might change that.
  15. Nilsdrums

Feel of Roland Kd9 kick drum vs Real kick

I mean not very easy to practise everyday on an acoustic kit since I have it in my rehearsal and my parents and neighbours would go nuts. When I attended a music school i always stayed after school and practised on acoustic kits pretty much every day but practising on acoustic every day is a...