Recent content by Nilsdrums

1. Nilsdrums

A good snare batter head?

I just switched from Evans G2 as batter to a Remo Emperor with Ambassador reso as side. Used it for recording an EP today and after a bit of tuning with my 14x5.5" PDP maple snare it sounded really nice!
  2. Nilsdrums

Zildjian A custom Z-Mac ride

Alright everyone I have recieved my weird cymbal! And it's amazing! It's kind of like a regular A Custom Ride but with more ping and the bell is one of the most cutting I have heard! This is certainly not a marching cymbal like other Zmacs seem to be. But still very strange, nobody seems to know...
  3. Nilsdrums

Zildjian A custom Z-Mac ride

Hi! I am buying an A Custom 20" Z-mac ride which I have never heard of before. Anybody got any experiences with it? Is it any good for Metal? The bell and bow seem very cutting and good. I can barely find any info about it anywhere, very strange( I do know that the seller is legit though and he...
  4. Nilsdrums

Paiste signature bright ride equivalent

Hi! I have played a lot on a 20" Paiste signature bright ride at a studio and I love it! But I can't find it anywhere. Only signature full ride and some others, what current ride(s) would you consider similar to the bright ride that is available today?
  5. Nilsdrums

Best mid-range kit?

Yeah I see, but I meant more of what everybody on here thought were the best mid range kit(Their own favourite). This thread was thought to be more of everybodys personal favourites. But i might have been a little bit unclear on that:)
  6. Nilsdrums

Best mid-range kit?

Hi! Just curious to see what all of you think is the best mid-range kit(Around 1-1,5k dollars). Im talking about your personal favourites and not what is objectively the best set as it's all individual. I have played a lot on a Tama Silverstar, Yamaha Live and PDP Concept Maple and I think the...
  7. Nilsdrums

Mounting Cobra coil on a older Iron cobra

Awesome! Then I guess I can just buy a cobra coil and try it out to see if I like it or not!:)
  8. Nilsdrums

Which cymbal case?

I bought a Rockbag 22" premium plus which is the middle ground between a hardcase and soft bag. It's soft so easy to carry but have hard edges protecting the cymbals good. Not to expensive either and the quality seems to be very good.
  9. Nilsdrums

How many rides and hi hat pairs do you have?

I only have two rides: Zildjian A 21" Sweet ride Meinl MCS 20" Hats: Zildjian A custom 14" Mastersounds But im also probably buying/want to buy Paiste Alpha Medium Hats and a Paiste Signature ride. The Sweet ride is very versatile, therefore the only ride I use this far, but I want a ride with...
  10. Nilsdrums

Thanks for the answer! Sounds good! Im also thinking about maybe changing the power glide to a rolling glide, I've heard that one is better for speed as well? I mostly play heel up when i make powerful kicks and heel down when I do faster double strokes so no heel-toe for me:) Are you sure i...
  11. Nilsdrums

Hi! I recently bought an Iron Cobra Hp900 Powerglide from the second generation(I think it is from 2010/11). To get the pedal smoother I want to mount a cobra coil on it. Is this easy to do on an older IC? It does seem to have a hole in the bottom that seems to fit a cobra coil. Also, I haven't...
  12. Nilsdrums

Drum placements on stage

Hi! I have been wondering this for quite a while, why do some bands make the drummer sit so far back on the stage? There are bands that put the drummer more forward closer to the audience(And some even at the front but thats very rare) but some seem to place the drums as far back as possible...
  13. Nilsdrums

Taylor Hawkins ride cymbal?

Hi! I've been listening some to the album "One By One" by Foo Fighters. On the track "All my life" it seems like he crashes pretty good on the ride and I have heard that he used to use the 21" A Sweet ride(In traditional finish?) but is that the ride he used on this album as well? I really...
  14. Nilsdrums

Opinions on Tama 22" Powerpad Cymbal bag?

Hi! I'm on the hunt for a new cymbal bag for my precious cymbals. I looked at a Zildjian bag but it was a little too expensive but the 22" Tama Powepad bag(PBC22), however, had a much more reasonable price. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it good quality of material that protects the...
  15. Nilsdrums

Difference between cymbals of the same model

Hi! This might be a stupid question but how much can individual cymbals from the exact same model/brand differ from each other in the feel of playing? I have fallen in love with a pair of regular Zildjian A custom 14" hi-hats(A couple of years old i would guess) at my music high school. I...