Recent content by Nictarine

1. Nictarine

Pet peeve regarding drum sizes.

Either way, nobody is going to help you load it into your car!
  2. Nictarine

Josh dun drum pad v Benny greb drum pad

Just get an Evans RealFeel and get to slappin
  3. Nictarine

Vaccine Spotter

I got the vaccine because I wanted to see my grandmother before she passed and my wife's pregnant, I'm trying to do everything I can to be as cautious as possible. That being said if it doesn't make sense for you to get it, then don't. I don't understand why people are so concerned with other...
  4. Nictarine

Avril Lavigne - Complicated

I'd suggest only doing fills when needed or adding a little oomph, if you do them all over they don't have as much impact. Really listen to the dynamics of the song, when it's the verses and quieter you don't want to overpower the song with fills, when it gets bigger during the chorus then you...
  5. Nictarine

Drum Teachers: invoice automation software that lets one use their own, custom invoice?

For my side business, I use Wave for invoicing customers. I don't use the pay online feature because of the fees.
  6. Nictarine

Lumber and stick prices.

Now that I'm no longer a Guitar Center employee (and not getting an employee discount) I'm coming to grips with the fact that gear is expensive! $10 for a pair of sticks!? I'm going to have to start making my own lol
  7. Nictarine

Are you performing with a facemask?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are bands fighting the mask thing, it's a minor inconvenience that people are blowing way out of proportion. I flew to Hawaii last week and so many people in the airports weren't wearing a mask, they'd get yelled at to put it on, then take it off when the...
  8. Nictarine

Prop me up beside the jukebox...er, uh my drumset (if I die).

At least rent a nice kit to put my body behind, not a damn Percussion Plus! Send me off in style. And have the damn hi-hats on the correct side and OMG the tom angles, he's rolling in his grave now I'm sure.
  9. Nictarine

I'm too loud...aparently

As a punk rock drummer, the hardest part for me was learning to stop doing a rimshot on every snare hit, that isn't always needed.
  10. Nictarine

I'm too loud...aparently

I agree completely and I work on my volume control and dynamics pretty regularly, it's just not going to be an overnight fix which is what I was under the impression that OP wants. It takes a lot of time and work to break bad habits. At the end of the day, drums are loud and the band might have...
  11. Nictarine

I'm too loud...aparently

Unless you're just smashing on everything there's not a whole lot you can do. You can try thinner sticks or the little bundle sticks, you can try the Sabian FRX cymbals if you have money to burn. I'd suggest that they get ear plugs and turn their amps up a little bit.
  12. Nictarine

Wonky drum sizes that'll make resale difficult...

Pretty sure that's at the store I used to work at, I just want to know why deeper kick drums were a thing to begin with!
  13. Nictarine

Wonky drum sizes that'll make resale difficult...

I like short toms, makes it easier to get it positioned in low over a bigger kick drum without scratching the shit out of it, but no thanks on that deep kick drum, glad I never fell into that trend.
  14. Nictarine

Roland TD25 to iPhone - Roland Go:Mixer or Zoom q8?

Thank you! I'll check it out, would I be able to run external audio in as well (metronome, audio from iPhone, or a microphone for my voice?)