Recent content by NickSchles

1. NickSchles

VINTECH AUDIO "DUAL 72" PREAMPS

I'll be most likely purchasing these pres today. I wondered what your experience with these are! I've done some tests on the BD, SD and OH and I dig how they sound. As far as I understand, they're Neve 1272 clones slightly modified as preamps rather than line amps. Do you have any? If so, what...
  2. NickSchles

Is counting in during songs unprofessional?

It depends. As a drummer, I see it as my job to keep everyone in time. During sections where there’s no drums, I tend to keep time on 2 and 4 with my left foot (hi hats), which can be subtle enough. However, it’s the whole band’s responsibility to have good time and feel the pulse as a unit. So...
  3. NickSchles

Comfortable/ergonomic throne on a budget?

I could suggest several things, but I can tell you that your budget will further if you buy second hand / pre-loved. See what's out there and compare your options. Also, go with a 3-legged base rather than 4... If the floor isn't fully level, a 4-legged base will be wonky! :P
  4. NickSchles

She's Back!!!

I'll have a listen to this. I really like her drumming, and as a composer... And, I also like her sense of style / aesthetic. She inspired me to get an orange beanie. I think kids would call my sense of style as "chewgy".
  5. NickSchles

Simple songs that are more interesting upon analysing them?

Love Tom Petty. I'll check this out, as I haven't listened to this, I don't think.
  6. NickSchles

I totally understand what you're saying, and agree with lots of it. And yes, Mick Fleetwood is one of those "feel" players too... The parts just work with the music, don't they? Quirky is right!
  7. NickSchles

Don't know, but it definitely has something to do with going deep.
  8. NickSchles

I've added this to my list of tunes to check out on the back of this topic. Thanks for the suggestion, dude! :)
  9. NickSchles

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check this out. I've added it to a list I'm making about this. :)
  10. NickSchles

So, a bit of context… I recently posted a cover of Dam That River which I did with my band, The Mercy House. I was originally planning on playing it note-for-note, but then decided to just jam it and have fun with it. I thought it’d be more satisfying that way (it was), plus it wouldn’t require...
  11. NickSchles

Vic Firth - Stories Behind The Sleeves

Useful! Thank you.
  12. NickSchles

True confessions..older and slooower

How did it go? 😊
  13. NickSchles

DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT TO YOU?!

So! I've been learning Tower of Power's "Squib Cakes" note for note the last few weeks using David Garibaldi's Off The Record book. I'm currently half way through the 7min+ beast. Now, before tackling the next half, I'm going through certain sections / fills / grooves and refining them by ear...
  14. NickSchles

Early 80's - Tama vs Pearl

Man, I've actually wanted a Pearl BLX for a long time. They're difficult to come by second hand, at least here in the UK. If any of you's got one for sale in good condition near London, hit me up! Re your original post, both brands make solid drums which sound great. So, surely you can't go...