Recent content by Naigewron

1. Naigewron

How to become a DRUMMERWORLD DRUMMER?

Whatever you do, don't add me. That would just break the site. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing - This page is awesome :)
  2. Naigewron

Cymbals tilting because felts don't hold their shape.

Felts get worn out; I just replace them when they get too out of shape. Alternatively, Mapex offers (or at least used to offer) rubber "felts" on a lot of their cymbal stands. These will probably be a lot more durable, and are probably sold separately.
  3. Naigewron

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

It belongs to another band who rents the space along with us. We all know each other well 😊 I've left my kit in shared rehearsal rooms all my life and never had a single issue. Sometimes I knew the other bands, sometimes I didn't. It's an extremely common arrangement around here
  4. Naigewron

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Moved in to a new rehearsal room this weekend. I've definitely had worse views than this
  5. Naigewron

How to stop pedal hovering

If your kick drum spurs/legs support it, try try lifting the front of your kick drum
  6. Naigewron

What is one thing you HAVE to have on your kit?

Apart from the obvious (sticks, throne, kick, snare, hihat, ride/crash), there's very little I absolutely need to have. I do struggle if I don't have at least one rack tom and one floor tom though - I'm definitely not cool enough to comfortably pull off the "no toms" kit.
  7. Naigewron

Seat Height - You just never know

I'm much more comfortable sitting fairly low (thighs parallell to the floor when my heel is on the ground), but as I'm getting older I find that it wears on my hips more and more. It's getting to the point where I'm probably going to have to raise my seat a bit soon - We'll see how that all...
  8. Naigewron

Bermuda at His best.

"There's a suitcase poking me in the ribs" indeed
  9. Naigewron

You're probably using http, not https.
  10. Naigewron

Why don't many Pro Drummers use Electric Drums?

Yup. There are MIDI guitars (or just MIDI pickups) out there, which would be the equvalent of an electronic kit, but they've never taken off. That job is simply usually better suited to keyboards and synths. Let each instrument do what it does best. Not saying e-kits don't have their place...
  11. Naigewron

Pic of yourself

We're recording a new album this summer, and I get to play bass on three of the songs (we have a couple of guest players handling the low-end on the other songs). Love it!
  12. Naigewron

New Forum at a standstill?????

It's also the middle of summer in a lot of the world - People are on holiday and just generally enjoying themselves outside or elsewhere.
  13. Naigewron

What earplugs do you use?

Not heard of Etymotic, but there's literally hundreds of brands that make similar plugs. If you've got weird ear canals, I guess molded might be your best option.
  14. Naigewron

What earplugs do you use?

I don't use modled, but I'd definitely investe a few bucks more and upgrade from foam plugs. The foam plugs muffle all the high end completely and don't make for pleasant listening. Get some silicone ones of this type. Not expensive, and will be a bit more even in how they reduce volume...
  15. Naigewron

Why is my snare drum head appear wrinkled?

Presumably a new player. We've all been there - I never tuned or tweaked my first drum kit.