Recent content by MusiQmaN

1. MusiQmaN

Sonor Designer Series Maple Light

ST Drums started making more parts for the Sonor drum line recently.
  2. MusiQmaN

Yamaha 100th anniversaty.. worth pursuing?

I think the tuning key was a separate gift/item for purchase back in the day as I have seen even less of those. Would be cool to have it with the kit though.
  3. MusiQmaN

Yamaha throw off replacement

Do you have a picture of your throw?
  4. MusiQmaN

5. MusiQmaN

Bronze Snare Recommendations

Duluth makes Bronze. Bell Brass doesn’t exist. It is either Bell Bronze or Brass. Thank Tama for that confusion back in the days.
  6. MusiQmaN

Those are the rarest of the rarest out there in Yamaha world. So rare that I have only seen them twice before this one on sale in my 28 years Yamaha. Yamaha themself might even buy them for one of their global offices, as they showed interest when I told them about two other kits being...
  7. MusiQmaN

Question or DW 1999 set....

That is the downside. They don’t make these shells anymore. What I got back after mailing back and forth with DW, Keller and Precision when I wanted an 18” floor for my kit: “The original 18’s would have been 6 ply with 3 ply rings. So, 6 ply with 5 ply rings or even 5 ply with 5 ply rings...
  8. MusiQmaN

What’s the best snare drum under $250?

The older concert line is so under rated and can be had so affordable now. Brass, Steel, Copper and the Maple and Birch models all for under 400,- (copper) and much less (steel)
  9. MusiQmaN

Gretsch was good enough for Remo.

It was a combined efford of all to find out what worked (and obviously who would be first with a proper product). “Bill Ludwig: “Both Grolimund and Evans sent us the first Mylar heads we had ever seen tacked…yes, stapled to OUR wood hoops.” And it was Remo with Muchick who invented the steel...
  10. MusiQmaN

Bop & cafe kits

What I love about the older Vintage Natural, is that it turns into a goldish hue due to the microbacteria in the finish, just like the Vintage Brown finish. And obviously it sounds killer and so is the build quality. Regardless of the great things coming out of the China and Indonesia...
  11. MusiQmaN

Gretsch was good enough for Remo.

Reading on the Remo website. A bit of a tough read because of its word build-up/story line, but an interesting time it was back then. Sounds like stealing an idea to me, then to pride with it too :unsure...
  12. MusiQmaN

Just spent 4+ hours cleaning the kit...

You can adjust the file size when you upload. You have to use show selected, than press actual size, and then you can select the size. I usually do large.
  13. MusiQmaN

What’s the best snare drum under $250?

I would say a used Supraphonic. Bought mine at an auction for 150. Sold it for 250 a few months ago and ever regret it. As it is a killer snare that every drummer should have next his/her prefered snare.
  14. MusiQmaN

All else being equal- Maple vs. Mahogany Snare

I always loved Mahogany. Whether it was the old Rock Tour Customs and Tour Customs, the 10x5 Stage Custom side snare, or the Maple/Mahogany (speaking of low, the 15'' has more body and lows than most 18' floors I played) I play now. Imagine I have an 18” floor in this kit too 😂 Love it!!!
  15. MusiQmaN

Question or DW 1999 set....

The early in-house shells also only had the printed numbers and black badge (the badge change tot the gold badge, happened in 2002). They didn’t changed over-night so the 1998 is a broad taken year, not a certain date. The seam should tell if it is Keller if DW regardless: