Recent content by MusiQmaN

1. MusiQmaN

15" deep toms?

Feel free to drop by when you are in town! It makes for a better story indeed 😬
  2. MusiQmaN

Electronic timps

I have had the best sucses with the Yamaha DTXM12. They have the perfect, multi layered orchestral/ethnic/oriental sound set and presure sensitive pads for hand and mallet use. https://c3.zzounds.com/media/dtxm12_en_dl_a0-990578c66517467fd28a3b327724e0d4.pdf They are used in pits a lot...
  3. MusiQmaN

Anyone going to drop 2k on the Armand 100 Cymbal?

No I refered to someone else and was a reply to the OP who questioned the originallity of the cymbals’ age.
  4. MusiQmaN

Mr. Elvin Jones' Gretsch Floor Tom

I moved from Yamaha after 28 years, but that shirt, and its color make me love it still!
  5. MusiQmaN

Anyone going to drop 2k on the Armand 100 Cymbal?

From what I read on DFO, these are original from the vault. So not vintage made.
  6. MusiQmaN

Copper Hoops

What now?
  7. MusiQmaN

Copper Hoops

Yes. Lol.
  8. MusiQmaN

Copper Hoops

Noble & Cooley solid copper hoops
  9. MusiQmaN

Copper Hoops

Hold my beer.
  10. MusiQmaN

Is there a secret to a no wobble throne?

No woble on my hydraulic Nitro Roc N Soc either. It swivels, but that is a good thing as it makes that the clamp doesn’t get loosened over time, and makes for a proper posture when going over the kit.
  11. MusiQmaN

15" deep toms?

I use 15x14 and 18x14 floors. They have a quicker response, and due to the mahogany deeper sounds over-all. My rack toms are all 7” deep. I want the same response from the rack toms so they have the same depth, this goes for the floors too.
  12. MusiQmaN

The Orlando Drummer: Why I Hate 12 Inch Rack Toms

That is why I (5’4”) went with 7” depths on both racks. I can have them positioned almost flat now.
  13. MusiQmaN

Noble and Cooley SS snare w no re rings

I expected that seeing the thicker shell and no re-rings.
  14. MusiQmaN

What’s in the Noble and Cooley box?!

Bob is the inventor of the NC/Zildjian snares, Puresound Wires, Drumframe, DW aluminum wrinkled snares, Evans 360, PDP B.O.A., and many more inventions. Bless his heart and head. I have shared the list on the FB groups.