Recent content by mrthirsty

1. mrthirsty

What are the simplest songs you play that you love?

Another good tune by The Fixx "Red Skies at Night"
  2. mrthirsty

Band names

I knew a guy who played in a band called "Full Frontal Nerdity".
  3. mrthirsty

Any PC Gamers?? Anyone here use discord??

Rising Storm 2, it will make you tear your hair out trying to get good at it.
  4. mrthirsty

Lyrics you just got wrong

I always thought the the part of Clapton's "Cocaine" where he sings She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie, Cocaine. was She's so high, she's so high, she's so high That's OK.
  5. mrthirsty

Weckl drum hang

I saw him back in 1992 with Chick Corea on the "Beneath the Mask Tour", awesome performance from all the band members. Couldn't tell if he had the parachute pants but he was definitely rockin' the mullet.
  6. mrthirsty

Buddy Rich's Secret Solved

I remember reading an interview where Buddy saw Joe Morello or Jim Chapin (can't remember exactly) playing fast triplet rolls with their left hand. About a year later they saw that BR had incorporated this technique into his performances and after the show they asked "Hey Buddy have you been...
  7. mrthirsty

Vinnie Colaiuta

Apart from his great technique and feel, the thing I admire the most is his amazing musicality.
  8. mrthirsty

Do we have a Bot on here?

That would explain my subliminal urge to play Flashdance's "What a feeling" and Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" over and over again.
  9. mrthirsty

One Coordination exercise to improve many things

John apart from being a great drummer is also a great educator, I've learned so much from him.
  10. mrthirsty

your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

Dennis Chambers/ Gary Grainger Stewart Copeland/ Sting Peter Erskine/ Jaco Pastorius
  11. mrthirsty

RIP Ralph Peterson

I always enjoyed watching his videos, his passion for drumming combined with his sense of humor and pleasant personality drew people to him. Not to mention the great career he had performing with countless legends in jazz. My condolences go out to his family, he still had a lot to give...
  12. mrthirsty

Negative effects of positive feedback.

Yeah, you could be right, he was an experience to deal with. Strange for a guy in his 40's to go on like that.
  13. mrthirsty

Negative effects of positive feedback.

I knew a drummer who had the reputation of people saying "He's a great drummer, just ask him!". He even went as far as to rate himself as 1 of the top 20 drummers in North America in addition to telling other drummers they sucked without being asked for his opinion. Maybe he got too much praise...
  14. mrthirsty

Great drummers can play it all

I heard Dennis Chambers say in an interview once if you want to be versatile you don't have to master every style but should have a working knowledge and understanding of it.
  15. mrthirsty

How Perfect Is Perfect Timing?

I know some musicians who think they have perfect time and can tell the slightest variation in tempo but struggle with a metronome. Strange how they won't devote any time to analysing or developing this part of their playing.