Recent content by MrInsanePolack

1. MrInsanePolack

THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

That is a Pearl Forum kit. Late 90s, maybe early 2000s. When Pearl discontinued the Export for a short time, this was it's replacement. It didn't go over very well, and the Export was re-released. The Forum was subsequently discontinued. I don't think I would give $500 for this. Maybe $250. You...
  2. MrInsanePolack

Needs More Cowbell!

I used to love it as a kid. Then I won some tickets to go see it. It kinda got ruined after that. I still appreciate the shape all those folks are in (mostly) and the athleticism it takes to be a wrestler, but I just can't get past the fact that it's just pretend. The 5 year old in me still...
  3. MrInsanePolack

odery cafe kit

Just a suggestion, check out all the tiny kits. Just about every big manufacturer makes one now. They all have their pluses and minuses, and there are lots of reviews on here for probably all of them. I'm gonna suggest the Pearl Midtown. Just because I have one. And it's fantastic. I absolutely...
  4. MrInsanePolack

First Upgrade from a starter pack drum kit- HiHat stand content

That's great. That means the drums and cymbals are no longer just targets and he is thinking ergonomically, i.e. how can I make this easier to hit. Drummers deal with X, Y, and Z axis, as well as tilt. The more he starts to pay attention to these things and makes adjustments accordingly, the...
  5. MrInsanePolack

Needs More Cowbell!

Friday night is date night at my house. At 7pm, my wife and I curl up on the couch and watch WWE Smackdown. We mostly just oogle the lady wrestlers and their butt glorifying outfits, and make fun of the rest. Last night, during one of the many talking parts, one guy had a cowbell. He go too...
  6. MrInsanePolack

Drummerworld

It was serious. I made up the color thing to express the ridiculousness of it all.
  7. MrInsanePolack

Drummerworld

There was. It was really stupid. Here's an example. Me: my favorite color is green. Troll: that's wrong. I've studied color, and can tell you 100% green is not it. It hilarious to think that green could even be a color. I'm a color scientist, you are dumb, bow down to my non-supported, no...
  8. MrInsanePolack

Drummerworld

There in lies the problem. Some opinions are reiterated so much they get mistaken for fact. Then said "factual opinions" get mistaken for actual facts, thus confusing the issue even more. Lots of hearsay and circular arguments too. Those are fun. So and so said this, so it must be true; or so...
  9. MrInsanePolack

Getting rid of my rack tom mount before re-warping it. How can I cover it?

There should be a plate on the bottom of the mount. Set it aside. Don't lose the screws or nuts for the mount either. Go to Lowe's and buy a small piece of sheet metal. Cut it to match the bottom of the top part of the mount (the part that touches the shell). The screw hole spacings are what's...
  10. MrInsanePolack

If it matters, I don't think the Pearl stand on CL swivels. It really only matters if you have a double pedal or tripod mess, but it's still nice to have.
  11. MrInsanePolack

Drummerworld

Nothing wrong with the others. This forum just has what I want in a drum forum. That's all. I've belonged to some car forums. It was nuts. There would be a question, "Will X carb fit on my X intake manifold?". 639 posts and 35 arguments later, there still wouldn't be a definitive answer. Glad...
  12. MrInsanePolack

Drummerworld

No way, everyone is wrong! 🙂 No where else on Earth can I discuss drums at the volume or quality that I desire to discuss them at than I can here. There are touring pros all the way down to beginners. Yet we all have stuff to share and learn. Love it or hate it, DW is the place to be if you...
  13. MrInsanePolack

Craigslist is your friend. Your profile says north Jersey, I found this. The Pearl hi hat stand is basic but should be fine, and for $30 it can't be beat. https://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/d/hackettstown-cymbal-stands-hats-crash/7075327799.html
  14. MrInsanePolack

What's a vehicle you love but it's just a terrible vehicle to own?

I will never buy a vehicle that needs one of these. Tuning it must be a nightmare. https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor?q=121g
  15. MrInsanePolack

Horizontal Positioning of Double Pedal Beaters

I play a Pearl P902. It an older pedal. My left beater also doesn't allow for a closer to center movement, so I moved the right away from center. The difference is negligible. The beaters are centered on the drum and with each other, that makes me happy.