Recent content by mrfingers

1. mrfingers

Free Flowing Practice

Jamming=playing=experimenting=searching=noodling on the drums. Just applying what you’ve learned to your style. Put the books away now and learn to play to music.
  2. mrfingers

Really bad TV or Movie fake bands

I’m surprised that”Top Secret” band didn’t play their instruments upside down, just to keep the movie’s overall themes! 😆😆😆
  3. mrfingers

Talent level and band option

Uh, guess not: Very good and excellent (but none have requested I use a double pedal to play faster.) I suppose any chart reader would be a”better” musician than I am.🤧
  4. mrfingers

So the answer is when the guitarist can play odd times but the drummer can’t? Sounds like a song choice/ genre/counting practice thing...especially if the guitarist has been playing odd times as a favorite music choice for a long time and the drummer hasn’t. But can the guitarist suggest...
  5. mrfingers

Curious....🤔When is a guitarist better than the drummer? Is it a speed thing, song choice thing, time keeping thing, what? If you can cover Hendrix’ , Page’s, or Clapton’s songs are you,as a drummer, their “equal?”🤔
  6. mrfingers

Peavy radial pro 1000

So...those are “free-floating?”
  7. mrfingers

Vintage Camco 5000 Pedal Strap Length

Evidently they’re same as DW 5000: http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=62275
  8. mrfingers

Bonham Triplets for gigging?

If I play music with triplets I’ll use them, Bonham’s or not.
  9. mrfingers

The argument for out-of-sequence toms

BJ Wilson of Procol Harum set up reversed order toms too...
  10. mrfingers

Push pull and weak finger control.

You have to get rid of that left hand wobble first, so use your wrist and not your fingers. And do left singles ‘til the strokes are straight down and comfortable. Then use your fulcrum fingers doing the same thing, bouncing the stick. Your hand will eventually grab the stick on the rebound...
  11. mrfingers

Neural pathways: Activate!

I had a recent neural pathways/ left hand awakening playing along with “Manic Depression” and discovering all kinds of patterns!
  12. mrfingers

Switching Bass Drum Hoops: Depth

Hoops’ depth makes little to no difference as long as they’re wood. Replacing plastic ones with wooden ones you’ll need “claws.”
  13. mrfingers

The Music Uniform

I guess gold lamee pantsuits are a big “NO!” 😆😆😆
  14. mrfingers

Playing along with cd

You need a stereo output of more than 50 w / speaker, speakers at ear height behind you each side, wear earmuff-type protection and you’re good to go. Drums alone should sound “gated” then you know protection works.