Recent content by morguis

1. morguis

One up tom mount

Yes. He even had that mount installed on his Premier kit back in the Hamburg days. The Rogers Swivomatic mount was years ahead of the rest and that is why it was common in those years to install them on a previously ordered virgin bass drum. You can even see it on Bonham's maple finish Ludwig.
  2. morguis

The breakdown

Theese are my words.
  3. morguis

Old man yells at cloud

Hey, I still have a couple of those from when I started to drumming. Pale blue ink.
  4. morguis

Owning the world’s greatest snare is cool, but let’s be honest…

Imperial lugs. First version (1936).
  5. morguis

Deleted

You better leave instructions to plug the vent hole so the ashes don't come out when some funny-brother-in-law hits that drum...
  6. morguis

Hidden Gem horror movies

Dementia 13 - Francis F. Coppola (1963)
  7. morguis

Hidden Gem horror movies

Carnival of Souls (1962)
  8. morguis

Hug A Drummer Day

Same woman at :06? Identical jacket is the clue.
  9. morguis

Experimenting with bottom hat felts

Is it because the one who has to be loose is the top one?
  10. morguis

Club Date

Yes man. It looks gorgeous. Good work.
  11. morguis

Alternative bass drum spurs on '65 Ludwig

Yes, Gibraltar or Dixon anchor (this one is cheaper but does its job) is a must to prevent bass drum creeping. But please don't make extra holes to install new legs 'cause we, The Committee for the Preservation of Vintage Drums will be knocking on your door with a warrant for your arrest!!!
  12. morguis

Let’s see your vintage pedals!

That pedal board is a clone of the Gretsch Floating Action pedal (or the opposite; I don't know what was first: the chicken or the egg).
  13. morguis

What cheap cymbal surprised you?

A few years ago we rent a rehearsal room and there was an old Pearl kit with Paiste Brass Tones series cymbals (20" ride, 18" crash and I think 14" hi hats). I was pleasantly surprised with the crash and specially that ride!!!
  14. morguis

Club Date

I'm not sure, but I think catalogs were every two years by then, so only the 1965 one would be missing.