Recent content by MntnMan62

1. MntnMan62

Terry Bozzio

Agreed. I don't jam with him but I have to imagine that just because someone who used to play the most bad ass rock and roll doesn't play much of that anymore doesn't mean they forgot how to do it. I may have mentioned but I caught him at The Iridium in NYC with with Alex Machacek and Doug...
  2. MntnMan62

Terry Bozzio

I think Bozzio is divisive because his style has changed so drastically over his career. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of what he's been doing in the latter part of his career with the massive drum kit and a gazillion tuned drums and cymbals. He may be able to hear the distinct notes he is...
  3. MntnMan62

Classic rock poll

My pleasure. I was just stating the facts as they pertain to me. Polls typically tend to be all inclusive. I guess I just found your choice of bands to be not just limiting but curious. Oh well. Live and learn.
  4. MntnMan62

Classic rock poll

Not much on this list I like. I'm not playing.
  5. MntnMan62

Terry Bozzio

Here's Terry's "mini kit". 🤪
  6. MntnMan62

Terry Bozzio

Here ya go. Terry playing a 4 piece kit.
  7. MntnMan62

Terry Bozzio

Well, you don't have to look too far to see the vast amount of sheer stupidity right here in the US based solely on what is happening ihere these days.
  8. MntnMan62

Indestructible?

I am really digging the clear pinstripe on the batter side of my kick drum. I have a black smooth Ambassador (or maybe it's a Diplomat) on the resonant side that I put a Slingerland logo on. No port. It was on there with the Evans as well and I much prefer the punch and depth of sound and...
  9. MntnMan62

Indestructible?

I agree with all of the above. I realize that much of my unhappiness with the sound had to do with their old age. I have loved using them but clearly I was ready for something else. The Pinstripes are similar given they are two ply but are definitely thinner so the tone and sustain are...
  10. MntnMan62

I Feel Like I Just Woke Up From A 100 Year Slumber

I'm sorry but this video is off the charts. Especially from 2:40 to 2:53. Holy mother of god!
  11. MntnMan62

Vater Session sticks

If you played 5A's and don't need bells and whistles, which would you go with? VF, Vater or Promark? As you can tell it's been a while since I bought sticks. I have an older pair of VF that feel so much more solid that my older pair of Promarks. Never tried Vater yet. I have a pair of...
  12. MntnMan62

Gonna get a ton of hate for saying this...

As for the original comparison of Mitchell to Tony, I actually hear a lot more Cobham than I do Tony. Cobham had the ability to be very "machine like" in his playing and he could be somewhat busy at times. I'd say the difference between Cobham and Mitchell is that Cobham has more power behind...
  13. MntnMan62

Gonna get a ton of hate for saying this...

The other thing is that I'm guessing @doggyd69b hasn't hung out with all that many jazz musicians because all the jazz musicians I have known over the years were into lots of different types of music. Not just jazz. I'm sure there are some snobby jazz musicians just like there are some snobby...
  14. MntnMan62

BEST album cover, what’s yours

Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention Overnight Sensation
  15. MntnMan62

Drum Kits under 1k

This has made me rethink my perspective on Gretsch Catalinas. I've seen a number of them for sale and the prices aren't all that bad.