Recent content by Mirkko

1. Mirkko

Not 1 but 2 new drum videos! Elton John & FROST!

Ei Guys! I'm not having that much time to make drum videos lately, beacuse some tourning with my band HANGARVAIN, lessons and sessions, but I've been asking very often to 'back' to do some youtube stuff- I've a week "free" before going on tour again, so I've recorded some tracks I really love...
  2. Mirkko

My New ORIOLLO Bronze snare drum!

Very glad to start this collaboration with Oriollo Drums Serbia- They make wonderful metal instrument and this Bronze 'Dardanelli Series' I've just received it just blows me away! These are the specs- Size: 14" x 7" Material: Bronze (Oribronze alloy) Thickness: 2.7mm Top bearing edge: rounded...
  3. Mirkko

Now this Sonor kit is UNIQUE!

After almost 5 months of wait i've received this tiny tom in 8x7 from Sonor for my Birch Infinite- This is a discontinued limited edition kit with limited sizes (10-12-14-16-22 and snare) so with this add on it has become a real ONE of a kind! It's beautiful and it sounds phenomenal
  4. Mirkko

The Bat-snare and the Joker-snare?

Just got these in the mailbox! First is an old stave one bought from JTP kind of 7 years a go, at the time i've tried to build a snare by myself, but i wasn't satisfied, so i gave it to an italian drum maker and he turn it into this Bat snare - thin stave shell (oak and purple heart) 7x14, all...
  5. Mirkko

My Sonor Birch Infinite + NEW Sabian! (yes!)

Here's my Sonor Birch Infinite with my brand new Sabian cymbals This is the list: SABIAN ARTISAN RAW BELL RIDE 22 SABIAN AAX DARK CRASH 16 (TRADITIONAL FINISH) SABIAN AAX X-PLOSION FAST CRASH 18 SABIAN VAULT CRASH 20 SABIAN HHX O-ZONE CRASH 18 SABIAN HHX CHINESE 18 SABIAN AAX CHINESE 18...
  6. Mirkko

My New Dixon Matrix Green Beast!

Hello there! finally i made a video and some pics with my new Dixon Artisan Limited - Shells are all in bubinga, no reinforcement rings- Sizes are 16"x24", 18"x20" kicks 7"x8", 8"x10", 8"x12" rack toms 12"x13" floor tom (on the left), 14"x14", 15"x16" floor toms 5"x12" cordia/maple auxiliary...
  7. Mirkko

New Video! Monster kit inside!

Guys, recorded this last week with my new drum kit- hope you like it- If you have a YouTube channel please subscribe mine, i'll do the same with yours- Please let me know what do you think! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ogzpMmQkPk&list=UUNda60wqoWnDNZxJvptBE4g
  8. Mirkko

Lady GaGa - Djent Drum Cover by Mirkko De Maio-

Guys :) Just uploaded my latest drum video…please let me know what do you think about it \m/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wc9dzNXvt0
  9. Mirkko

New Mike Johnston's Transition Ride from MEINL! SWEEEEET!

Here's the new MEINL Transition Ride 21" made for Mike Johnston- is this ride the definitive hybrid? Seems it is! http://meinlcymbals.com/news/Article/show/the-transition-ride-is-here-1083
  10. Mirkko

Pagan's Mind -God's Equation drum cover-prog stuff!

Ei! I guess this is my first song drum cover- Love this song and love Pagan's Mind- The track is not so hard to play, very straight- also i've played on the original song (bought on Itunes) without any click track, so if you hear any flam parts, now you know the reason :P Hope you like my...
  11. Mirkko

Video of me recording in my studio

Guys i've recorded some tracks for a metalcore/prog band and i took the chance to film the whole thing. Just snippets of the drum parts- Hope u like it. PS video and sound are flat and come from the ZOOM Q3HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPd37rcOQE
  12. Mirkko

Mirkko DeMaio new DS drums official endorser ! (some pics inside)

Ei WZP guyz!!! Cool news-i'm now a DS Drum Sound official endorser ( http://www.dsdrums.com ) - This brand is from Italy and it's very well knew for the quality and the sound of their instruments, i don't wanna tell too much about the quality overall like an ass licker because my endorsement -...
  13. Mirkko

New "Epic" drum video by me (Mirkko DeMaio)

So-finally here my new video "LORD OF THE OCEANS", latest one from my "Epic" style drum cover. I really wanted to make a new "official" video since ages, but i've found the time to do it, just last week. Don't expect super tech stuff from this video- just heavy grooves in these tracks that i...
  14. Mirkko

@ NAMM !

Friends Drummerworld forum- just wanna tell you that i will be this year at NAMM show in January 24 to 27, 2013- If someone of you will go there too, please find me at the MEINL both to say hello and have a chat-i'll stay there mainly, but i'll walk around the area too of course! Very excited to...
  15. Mirkko

MEINL day in Rome-VIDEO of my performance-

Guys! A FB friend just gave me this video link of a my performance during the MEINL Day in Rome (IT) made and posted by Drumset Mag (italian magazine) -i didn't know anything about this! :P Hope you like it! Set i've used -from left to right (my pov) Generation X China Crash 17" Classic Custom...