mikyok's latest activity

• mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread How's business where you live?.
    I'm smack bang in the middle of England. Wedding season has been fairly steady this year but I'm noticing xmas season is non-existent...
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Your last meal and drum..
    As long as I get these blokes I don't care
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Getting a great stage mix.
    So much depends on the room and you and your band members being professional. There's so many folk who can't and won't turn down and...
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to KEEF's post in the thread Getting a great stage mix with Like Like.
    We always do the FOH first - the show must go on even if the monitor mix sucks, so FOH is more important. Most digital desks have a...
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to Cmdr. Ross's post in the thread Bass drum “sweet spot” with Like Like.
    And this is why I did this post. Just to see who's had a variety of depths & what they liked the most. ;)
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Bass drum “sweet spot”.
    Hayman used to do 15" deep bass drums. I had a 26x15 it went kerboom! You could sit at the opposite end of a room and you'd feel the air...
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Short sound guy rant..
    Just sounds like a bad monitor mix. Don't stress, we've all had bad on stage sound at some point with or without monitors. Occupational...
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread Short sound guy rant. with Like Like.
    It seems like a lot of the complaints are about monitors.
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Dark but not trashy?.
    K Darks are amazing cymbals. I use a 19" & 20" Crash. The jewel in the crown is the 22 K Con Renaissance it's warm, dark but not at all...
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to Drum Mer's post in the thread Dark but not trashy? with Like Like.
    The K Constantinople series.
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Dark but not trashy? with Like Like.
    Zildjians 'regular' K dark thin cymbals are dark but not trashy. They're pretty well balanced.
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to JoeVermont's post in the thread Mono Mixes with Like Like.
    Try listening to a mono mix on... one speaker! A very experienced sound engineer and producer once told me it was the only way to...
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread About bass drum amp..
    Another vote for the decent bass drum mic. The Audix D6 is my favourite weapon of choice although there's plenty to choose from. You...
  • mikyok
    mikyok reacted to Chris Whitten's post in the thread About bass drum amp. with Like!! Like!!.
    Forget compression! Get an affordable mic and cable and run it into the band mixer, with the singer and sax. A used 57 will do, or...
  • mikyok
    mikyok replied to the thread Mono Mixes.
    Technologically the US was miles ahead of us here in blighty in the 60s when it can to recording and generally records were better...