Recent content by Mighty_Joker

1. Mighty_Joker

Lyghtnyng Skiez YouTube

Hi LS! I've just seen your thread here, and I've been enjoying your videos. What a great way to chronicle your drumming journey, and it's great to see your improvement through each video. Keep doing what you're doing, and sharing your videos! They're sounding great.
  2. Mighty_Joker

Physical metronome with all subdivisions?

Yeah, I actually endorse that app (see my sig). But I need something really specific for a project and was being let down by the lack of headphone jack on my phone. This is a great fix.
  3. Mighty_Joker

Thanks! I've just bought a lightning adapter. Much easier than buying a new metronome.
  4. Mighty_Joker

Does anybody know of a physical, digital metronome that can play all of the subdivisions (quintuplets, septuplets, etc.)? All of the main contenders like the Rhythm Watch have triplets, and then a few 16th note rhythms, and that's it. It would also need a stereo headphone jack. Tonnes of apps...
  5. Mighty_Joker

Yikes...Joey Jordison passed away...

I was really sad to hear this. I was a massive fan of his and Slipknot's throughout my formative years. Their Self-Titled album was brilliant, and his drumming on it inspired me an awful lot. Too young, and sadly missed.
  6. Mighty_Joker

Do most drummers hate metal ? as much as normal popheads? ( extreme metal)

Sure. We can all allow that there is crap music of every genre. My points were on elitism though, which I really have a problem with.
  7. Mighty_Joker

Agreed. My point is though, that your posts are kind of an elitism in themselves. In defending metal so vehemently you are perpetuating the problem. It's like a person so keen not to discriminate a disabled person that they end up patronising them. The problem of elitism is solved by tolerance...
  8. Mighty_Joker

Yes, it does. But is anyone actually arguing against that? Metal elitism is as big a problem as jazz elitism, or any other elitism.
  9. Mighty_Joker

Nomenclature!

I've just reread your initial post, and you're talking about a drum database. In that case, it could be useful to specify England, Scotland, etc., but I'd still group them into the UK. If I see "Glasgow" under the UK heading, I know it's in Scotland, but if I see.... I don't know, some little...
  10. Mighty_Joker

Nomenclature!

Yes. The UK is the country. England isn't a country. The UK refers to the soverign nation, comprising England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Glasgow is in the UK, and Scotland specifically, just like Huston is in the US, and Texas specifically. If you're offering international...
  11. Mighty_Joker

DAW Blues

Cubase 11 Pro all the way. Complete feature set, and I’m used to the UI. I began with Reaper and it’s decent enough.
  12. Mighty_Joker

Nomenclature!

United Kingdom. That's the country (nation). Great Britain is the geographical location (it's the name of the island). England is, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to a US state, just a more powerful one than Wales, Scotland, and Northern Island. Go with UK, it's what all other...
  13. Mighty_Joker

What do we know about what happens neurologically and biologically when we practise?

Well keep me informed. I'm fascinated by it all.
  14. Mighty_Joker

What do we know about what happens neurologically and biologically when we practise?

This is all interesting stuff. I have ordered the Michael Griffin book; that should be an interesting read. @GetAgrippa - your comment about the "week or two" for the formation of connections in the neocortex. That is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have any more information you that?