Recent content by Mick_Link

1. Mick_Link

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

For me the most beautiful finish ever! Dull gun metallic grey wrap, black powder coated hardware. What an awesome combination! Sonor Hi Tech
  2. Mick_Link

Roland HPD-20

Ah, good to know! Thanks (y)
  3. Mick_Link

Roland HPD-20

Does anyone have any experience with the Roland Handsonic HPD-20 to report? Is it worth the purchase? Is it easy to integrate while playing drums (loops/sequenzer)? Thanks
  4. Mick_Link

Copper Hoops

That can be! Sonor has triple galvanized their hardware. There may have been Nickel one layer.
  5. Mick_Link

Copper Hoops

One more note from me: Copper (coatings) is/are usually covered with clear lacquer. If this clear coat is damaged, it can lead to ugly corrosion. I would not recommend copper hardware for continuous playing. Here some pics from a used Sonor Signature snare with copper hardware (copper-plated...
  6. Mick_Link

Rack problems

I love the forum for that! Thanks for the idea! I had already tried to remove these end pieces from the bars - no chance! So I'm going to try drilling three to four holes in the bars, so I can fill them with construction foam. The foam weighs little and will have an insulating effect! Another...
  7. Mick_Link

Rack problems

I am a big fan of the rack systems from Pearl, Yamaha or Gibraltar. I just appreciate the set-up options and the reduction in the number of stands. But what always annoyed me: the transmission when I hit a cymbal or the tambourine, for example, that then other cymbals or drums start to sing. I...
  8. Mick_Link

Show us your personal drum set history - with pics

Yeah, now the thread is slowly picking up some speed! Thanks for all your pictures, effort and stories (y)
  9. Mick_Link

Moon!!

I like the story of Keith, when he collapsed from an overdose of animal tranquilizers (!!!), 1973, and a fan (Scot Halpin) drummed the concert to the end!
  10. Mick_Link

Thanks for your pics! Wow, that Ludwig set looks really cool!
  11. Mick_Link

I AM not so hot..., but my drumming :cool: Please notice my Alex Van Halen thread.
  12. Mick_Link

Wow! 50 sets in 40 years! Thats 1,25 set per year :eek: Why do you change so often your sets? Are you a collector, or did you sell the sets you don‘t play?
  13. Mick_Link

Do you control your own stage mix?

I used a small 4-ch Phonic (what else ;)) mixer for: a) the click b) the programmed sounds and sequencer parts in the songs c) sometimes a little bit more vocals or keys. I don‘t want to miss my personal mix (y)
  14. Mick_Link

Thanks for your history & pics, toddmc! Okay, so you're a Roland guy ;) Do you play the e-drums because of the low volume, or do you not want to carry heavy sets anymore? But thanks to you I noticed that I still have one set missing: a Roland TD-7. Unfortunately there is no photo of it. PS...
  15. Mick_Link

Thank you! There were some differences in the Performa drums. The first Performa (badge with a yellow lightning) had poplar shells. In 1987 there was the Performa with beech shells (badge without the yellow lightning). Both had foiled shells and 16 tension rods on the bass drum. In 1986...