Recent content by mattmc3287

1. mattmc3287

TikTok Video. Drummer Stands on Drums and Crashes Cymbal.

I FEEEEEEEL you on this, man! My brother likes to tell me that I am an ass hole because I will be very blatant and upfront with our band members about their mistakes and shortcomings. Instead of ho-hum pussy footing around it I just go straight for the punch line. Not with any malice whatsoever...
  2. mattmc3287

Tama Starclassic or DW Performance?

That is growth, brother. Congratulations. Being agreeable is for the birds. Say what's on your mind, always. People respect it. And, they know they can put stock in what you say, for better or worse.
  3. mattmc3287

What do you do...

Word! I sat in with some guys a few months back and this was the rig for the lead player. Smallest little amps I ever saw. Plenty loud and sounded wonderful.
  4. mattmc3287

I knew it was gonna be a bad gig when...

If I have played 30 outdoor gigs, then 20 of them have been absolute shit shows one way or another. I love the idea of outdoor gigs, but they just never end up being enjoyable.
  5. mattmc3287

I knew it was gonna be a bad gig when...

When you show up to a "house party" gig and the guy who booked you points to the backyard and says, "that should be plenty of space for y'all to set up, right?" He expected us to set up in the grass with the nearest power source roughly 100 feet away and had specifically told us when we inquired...
  6. mattmc3287

So much so. I got zero sleep last night worrying about this.
  7. mattmc3287

I was on tiktok for about 2 days. Yea, there was some funny stuff on there for sure, but it's a garbage heep if you ask me. All of social media is. I took it all off of my phone. It's a time suck and can quickly become a serious addiction. Regardless of the content being posted, we are not meant...
  8. mattmc3287

80’s bangers live.

Separate Ways and Don't Stop Believing are both monsters to play like Steve plays them. Separate Ways because of a couple of ridiculous fills and the groove for Don't Stop Believing is insanely hard to play correct. Or, it is for me anyway. Helluva job man! The whole production is top notch :cool:🤘
  9. mattmc3287

Rehearsal Recording Level Up! (Bad Romance Cover)

I posted a couple of weeks ago soliciting advice on how to better record rehearsals. We had just been using iphones. I do a good bit of video production for my day job so recording and creating videos has become a hobby for me. I enjoy mixing and editing the videos and my hope is that...
  10. mattmc3287

It shouldn't, but this actually really pisses me off for some reason.
  11. mattmc3287

Band Etiquette (Stand in Drummer) Opinions Please?

1. They should have communicated with you. 2. It's very possibly just an oversight. Some people are just naturally less considerate and don't think about those kinds of things. 3. You need to communicate to them that this bothers you so that if the situation arises again (which it likely will)...
  12. mattmc3287

Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Beater Set

*forced laughter*
  13. mattmc3287

How to stop being so sensitive to others' timing.

I have only played to a click for recording purposes. How do you go about live? Just use the same metronome app that you use for practice in some headphones? What about those songs that start with a prolonged guitar intro or acapela?
  14. mattmc3287

How to stop being so sensitive to others' timing.

Excellent post! I am finally playing with a collection of people with whom I am comfortable having these conversations knowing there will be no hurt feelings. It only took me starting the band myself and selecting all the band members and telling them upfront that I am very straight forward but...