Recent content by Maple

1. M

1980's Tama Crestar

So, I bought these in 1987 or 1988 used. They were released in 1986. I sold them in 2010 for $500. I just bought em back from the guy for $195. Not shown are a pair of 13" or 14" Zildjian hats. Birch lacquered shells. Still have orig Tama heads on them. I played them a few years back in 1988...
  2. M

What are these spots?

Can anyone tell me what theses spots are? Thanks
  3. M

Missing tri-pivot rubber (dw5000)

I just picked this pedal up from ebay. It was delivered yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to look at it yet. I JUST noticed from the ad that it's missing the rubber where the tri-pivot clamps under the bass hoop. Am I screwed as far as that goes...
  4. M

Those who own both acoustic and electric drums (recording and monitoring through ears)

​So here's my situation. I hope I can explain this properly. You know when you are paying your E's along with a backing track​ and you can hear both the backing track AND your playing and everything sounds great(meaning you can hear YOUR playing)? I'm trying to get that same effect...
  5. M

What Zildjian Ride is this ?

Taylor Hawkins. Is that a 21" sweet Ride ?
  6. M

Adding a Tama tomtom to a Sonor Maple kit

I have a 5 pc Sonor Select Force Maple kit 10 x 8 Tom 12 x 9 Tom 16 x 16 Tom 22 x 17.5 Bass 14 x 5.5 Snare I can get a hold of Tama Crestar Tom 13x14 Birch shell pretty cheap Do you think that will fit in with what I have above ? I
  7. M

Looking for a single mic to record covers at home

I currently have a Focusrite 2i2 USB recording interface. Looking to keep the budget around $100- $150. Any Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Joe
  8. M

What ride goes well with 14" Quick Beats ?

I was looking at a 20" Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride or a 20" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride go with my 14" Quick Beats. Is the "A" series a good match with those hats ? I'm not looking for anything too washy or dry. Kit- Sonor Select Force Maple Thanks
  9. M

Help deciding Which Sonor

Hi. I'm about to pick up a Sonor kit. Can't decide which one. I appreciate your comments. 1- Select Force Stage 3 (10,12,14,16 Toms .... 5.5 Snare ... 17.5 X 22 Bass) Brand new Natural Color. Price includes a 400 Series Hardware pack. $899 2- Force 3007 same size shells. Brand New , NO...
Back