Recent content by Magnus_N

1. Magnus_N

Phonic or SQ1?

Neon Heart. We are on Bandcamp and other streaming services. Jaki was fantastic. /Magnus
  2. Magnus_N

Phonic or SQ1?

I have three Phonic kits in different sizes, 18, 12, 14; 20, 13, 16; and 22, 13, 14, 16. I use the bop size kit regularly in a kraut/psych rock band and love it. The other two kits are bagged and rarely used. Phonics are very special. Their sound to me is almost tympani like, very open. They...
  3. Magnus_N

Remo Classic Fit

Yes, my bad. But the collar on them is different, at least according to this article in NSMD: https://www.notsomoderndrummer.com/not-so-modern-drummer/2017/3/14/review-remo-classic-fit-drum-heads-for-vintage-drums That's how I remember them, too, from when I put them on my Gretsch RB kit...
  4. Magnus_N

Remo Classic Fit

I don’t think that the Classic Fits have a preformed collar. Ambassadors do. Magnus
  5. Magnus_N

My thoughts and approach to snare drum tuning.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this most important topic. I really appreciated your video. Best, Magnus
  6. Magnus_N

The snare wire thread

I regularly use 12 strand wires on my snares. I like the shell-over-wires sound. And its crispness. And as you say, the wire tension won’t choke the drum. Great stuff. Less is more. 👍🥁😀
  7. Magnus_N

Sonor (phonic) help.

Incidentally, I have this very nice Phonic kit for sale here in Sweden. Sizes are 13x9, 14x10, 16x16 and 22x14. I think the bass drum is the perfect depth. I am selling this kit only since I prefer smaller kits and already have a bop kit and a kit in 13, 16, 20. Both the smaller kits are in Oak...
  8. Magnus_N

Sonor (phonic) help.

Phonics are not those sizes. The 22” bass drum is x14”. What you are looking for is Phonic Plus. Best, Magnus
  9. Magnus_N

ride/crash with almost a triangle sound in it?

It could also be a 20" 602 Flat ride, or, as you suggest, a thin rather than medium. Also, don't forget that recording technique affects sound a lot. /Magnus
  10. Magnus_N

ride/crash with almost a triangle sound in it?

Your description makes me think of my 18” Paiste 602 Seven Sound Set Medium Flat Ride. It has a very pure ping with almost no wash. I love it. /Magnus
  11. Magnus_N

K Custom Dark Players

In my krautrock band I have a 20” KCD as main ride. In this setup I also use a 20” Paiste 602 Flat ride, a pair of old 14” New Beat hihats, and a very thin (app. 1520 g) 20” Turk Ride (Agop?) as LSR. This last one crashes beautifully, as does the KCD. The KCD is a nice ride and I will never...
  12. Magnus_N

New SpeedKing

Fasten it and you have a longboard. Leave it loose and you have a shortboard. /Magnus
  13. Magnus_N

I'd like to see really nice bass drum mounting hole covers.

Here is a UK version: https://www.soundattak.co.uk/accessories/bass-drum-chrome-cover-plate-detail /Magnus
  14. Magnus_N

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

What a beautiful drum, John! If it sounds only half as good as it looks, well... /Magnus
  15. Magnus_N

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

In the EU (I live in Sweden), it would be covered by the standard consumer warranty for 2 years. I don't know where you live, but I guess it is not in the EU. I am sorry for your trouble with this drum. /Magnus