Recent content by Magnus_N

1. Magnus_N

New SpeedKing

Fasten it and you have a longboard. Leave it loose and you have a shortboard. /Magnus
  2. Magnus_N

I'd like to see really nice bass drum mounting hole covers.

Here is a UK version: https://www.soundattak.co.uk/accessories/bass-drum-chrome-cover-plate-detail /Magnus
  3. Magnus_N

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

What a beautiful drum, John! If it sounds only half as good as it looks, well... /Magnus
  4. Magnus_N

In the EU (I live in Sweden), it would be covered by the standard consumer warranty for 2 years. I don't know where you live, but I guess it is not in the EU. I am sorry for your trouble with this drum. /Magnus
  5. Magnus_N

Sorry about your experience. Isn't the drum under warranty, though? Couldn't you just return it and ask for your money back? /Magnus
  6. Magnus_N

Snare Wires / Importance.

I don't think brand matters much. Number of strands do. As far as Puresound go, they are one of few to offer 12 strand wires. That's reason enough for me to like them. /Magnus
  7. Magnus_N

New SpeedKing

Thanks Bermuda, for the information. This is all gold to me. I adore/love this pedal. I have five of these puppies: two from the last litter in the early 2000s, and three of varying ages. I play no other pedal - I just can't get along with chains or belts - and will definitely get one of these...
  8. Magnus_N

New SpeedKing

Really excited that this fab pedal is in production again. But I cannot find antyhing about it on the internet, except on a couple of drum forums, including this one... Hasn't Ludwig presented it yet? /Magnus
  9. Magnus_N

New SpeedKing

Beater height perhaps doesn't count - but the heelplate can actually be adjusted to convert the pedal from shortboard into a longboard. With the heelplate fastened, the feel of the pedal is completely other than with it loose, which I think is the setting you most often encounter. Funnily, this...
  10. Magnus_N

Most Underrated Snare Drums

My 5x14 Pearl Sensitone Premium Maple surprised me. It's probably the best value I've ever had. Excellent hardware, build, tone, everything. And very affordable. A fantastic drum. /Magnus
  11. Magnus_N

It is not for you obviously. Properly set up, it is a fine drum, though I probably like the 6,5"x14" more than the shallower one. Without the frame it is not a complete Dynasonic. /Magnus
  12. Magnus_N

The frame is integral to these drums. They have virtually no snare bed. /Magnus