Recent content by Lyptus

1. L

Drum finish: Orange to Red Fade w/ Glitter?

Actually that tequila sunrise is pretty spot on in terms of it being half / half though Tequilla sunrise sparkle You are both correct
  2. L

Ding ding ding. Apple sparkle fade. We have a winner.
  3. L

I thought of a cool drum finish that must already exist and I'd like to see some photos of it. 😁 Anyone ever seen a kit like this before? What's the name of the finish? Cheers
  4. L

20" K Custom Dark Ride - "Optimal weight"?

That's awesome. Sounds like a great ride you got there.
  5. L

@zenstat Really good information offered, thanks a lot. I will attach some images of my ride and proof of weight. Your project is exactly the kind of resource that I would love to be able to use to see where a ride sits in the weight distribution. It makes it a little more difficult with the...
  6. L

Cool, thanks for the calculator. I didn't realise A Avedis are multipurpose by design. A lot of the Paiste cymbals are like that i.e. Big beat, Giant beat. Interesting weights on your cymbals, especially the 15" weights which I know nothing about. Agreed C.M. -- weight isn't everything but a...
  7. L

I have a feeling most people like yourself lean towards the lower end of the spectrum when choosing crash rides. After all if it has too much weight it doesn't crash at all. But if it has too much wash you can at least put moon gel on it. 🤷‍♂️ But as I understand it if you lose too much weight...
  8. L

Yes it doesn't open up enough. I just looked on Youtube and some of the rides are as light as 2150g so then each model will sound quite different.
  9. L

Hi drummers. I've been thinking about the ideal weight on a 20" K Custom Dark Ride. Wondering what the optimal weight is and how light can they get, and how heavy? So if you own a 20" KCDR what is the weight of your cymbal? Does it function well as a ride, a crash or both? I have heard people...
  10. L

21" Sabian Fierce Ride vs 20" Sand Ride

Good point, anyway he didn't end up replying so I haven't tried it yet. Is ~250 USD ($340 AUD) a decent price?
  11. L

What I am going to do is go and test out the fierce ride and actually bring my current Zildjian ride with me and test how dry and quiet it is.
  12. L

I own 14" HHX Groove hats
  13. L

I have the chance to pick up one of these cymbals today at the same price. It's going to be my main ride for practice and potentially my only ride going into the future. Which would you choose out of the two and why?
  14. L

Cymbals like the 20" / 22" Byzance Vintage Sand Crash/ride

I also just realised that music stores actually rent out cymbals as well. So I am going to try and rent the 20" ride for a month and see if it is something I really like. @MntnMan62 We could always split a box set to reduce the cost if we find someone who wants to buy the crash cymbals? And...
  15. L

Cymbals like the 20" / 22" Byzance Vintage Sand Crash/ride

Thanks for the replies all. This was just something on my mind and I thought maybe there were some other "sand" lines in other brands. I am trying to get my first serious ride for about $300 used. Sounds like they are pretty unique cymbals and I will keep an eye for a used model then. @iCe I...
Back