Recent content by loki03xlh

1. L

Head recommendation for Tama brass snare

Hey everyone, I've got a Starclassic 6.5x14 brass snare. The current coated Powerstroke head's useful life has just about expired. Any good recommendations for a replacement? Mostly play rock and some metal. For reference, the toms have coated G2/clear G1. BD is EMAD2.
  2. L

Pearl Powershifter Eliminator vs. DW 5000T

My ICs are worn out (old powerglide) and need replaced. I used to own and always liked the 5000T pedals. I found a very nice deal on new Pearl Powershifter Eliminator double. Anyone out there play both and would like to give me their opinion?
  3. L

Major score!!!!

I've been cruising CL and ebay looking for a couple more cymbals to "enhance" my setup. Last week I won a 18" Sabian AA med crash for $110 shipped off ebay. Not too shabby.... I just got back from a major CL score. all Zildjian 22" A Custom med ride 18" A Custom med crash 16" A med thin crash...
  4. L

Second china suggestion?

I currently have a 20" Zildjian A Chinaboy High. I love the cymbal, will never part with it, but I am looking for an alternate china to go along with it. Maybe something a little darker and more trashy. Any suggestions?
  5. L

Knocking off the rust...

Here is my situation: I'm 38, started playing drums when I was 12. Due to living conditions, work conditions, blah, blah, blah, I've probably logged less than 40 hours of drumming in the past 4 years. I got on the kit a month ago and realized just how shitty my playing is. My GF who heard...
  6. L

Evans Hydro Blue/Black difference?

I'm looking at new batter heads for my toms, and was wanting to know the difference (besides price) of the Evans Hydro Black and Hydro Blue?
  7. L

Rock/metal head suggestions for Tama Starclassic Performer kit.

I have a 7 pc Starclassic performer kit bought new in '96. 10,12,13,14,16, 22, and 6.5x14 brass snare. I mainly play rock/metal (Sabbath, Motley Crue, GnR, AC/DC, Pantera, Maiden, old Metallica...) I've always used Pinstripes in the batter side of the toms and still have the original Evans G1(I...
  8. L

Stick rap

About a decade ago, I bought several rolls of stick rap. This stuff was a gauze-like tape that stuck to itself, but not the stick. Now, I am out and can't find the stuff anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Know of anyplace where to find this stuff?