Recent content by Lodi781

1. L

Help with recording practice for a noobie

Thank you all for the replies. I’ll be checking out and trying everyone’s suggestions.
  2. L

Thank you CB. I have a Samsung s22 with no external ports, so that’s why I’m looking at a new camera as well. ( shame, shame, I know)
  3. L

Hi all, I started playing again 2 years ago, and my drum instructor has been hounding me to record my practice\playing for not only myself, but for him to see as well. I used my phone a couple of times, but you can barely hear my bass drum. Would a GoPro be the next logical step? I guess...
  4. L

Help with my snare really needed!

I haven’t really played it in about 9 months, when I picked up my Gretsch Bronze. I had it nicely tuned to have this sweet pop. Now this thing sounds like absolute ass and I can’t fix it for my life. Like, even moon tells and duct tape aren’t working. For a reference, I have a remo black x...
  5. L

I finger tightened the lugs, evenly got them down initially with a star pattern, leaned on the head slightly just to stretch it out then tuned each lug to match and when I put the snares on, the whole drum just has a weird ring. Maybe the bottom head is too tight.
  6. L

My favorite sticks

Vater power 5a. I nice in between of the 5a and 5b. Wood tips.
  7. L

Oh I'm sire this is 97 percent my garbage tuning skills I just wasn't sure if that was adding fuel to the fire
  8. L

Ya it weird. The drum was getting massive overtones so I figured it was my tuning/lack of maintenance. I just changed both heads and wires and I'm still getting these massive overtones. It sounds like a looney tunes spring bouncing off it's did awful.
  9. L

I have a gretsch Brooklyn standard snare that I bought 2 1/2 years ago. I had changed all the heads when I got it but apparently missed that there was a section of burrs on the bearing badge itself about an inch long. Skip ahead to ten minutes ago I go to change the heads and wires, and discover...
  10. L

Help with my drum space ( actual shameless plug to post my kit)

My phone takes better pics than my iPad go figure
  11. L

So I know it looks dark. With just the string lights it has a nice soft hue that I actually like when I’m just playing around or jamming to a tune. If I turn on the main light its pretty bright where I can read music no problem. I’m also waiting on some acoustic pads for the walls.
  12. L

Sorry for the late reply, as someone said, it’s a frostline thing. But also, just because we have them, doesn’t necessarily mean we can use them. I live in Connecticut state, so depending on where your water table is, you may have a basement with a sump pump that is very wet. I’m lucky, I live...
  13. L

What do you guys use to store your extra stuff?

Waste basket idea is great, and I’ve seen it a bunch of times don’t know why it didn’t register for me.
  14. L

What do you guys use to store your extra stuff?

Maybe I’m off but I find I have various drum stuff all over my practice space ( pads, sticks, heads, keys etc). I was thinking on getting a small mechanic roller cart to store all that stuff, and use the top as a table\attachment point for my iPad. Im just curious as to where you all put the...
Back