Recent content by Living Dead Drummer

1. Living Dead Drummer

Behind the scenes recording Demon Fire

So I posted that Demon Fire cover I did with a group of guys located in multiple states, well here's the behind the scenes video of me tracking the song...
  2. Living Dead Drummer

New AC/DC cover

Little behind the scenes from recording the song...
  3. Living Dead Drummer

New AC/DC cover

Perhaps you're just good luck? Maybe now I'll land that "dream gig" too! lol
  4. Living Dead Drummer

New AC/DC cover

Slapped together a quick cover of one of the new AC/DC songs, Demon Fire. I tried to get close to that "Phil Rudd Tone" with my sounds, and also sang backup.
  5. Living Dead Drummer

Paiste Colorsound in green again!

I own two sets of Color Sounds, one all in Black, and one Red. I can tell you they are 1000x better than those Pitch Black's. These sound really great, and I honestly get compliments on them all the time. Perfect for louder playing situations where you need to cut through a loud wall of guitars.
  6. Living Dead Drummer

Just saw this too, my bank account is screwed 😭😭😭 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-Color-Sound-900-White-5-Pc-Universal-Cymbal-Set-Brand-New-Custom-Made/303766823884?hash=item46b9e9e3cc:g:u3cAAOSwDTdfsEXy
  7. Living Dead Drummer

Must...resist... own...too many... already....
  8. Living Dead Drummer

Interview with Rick Latham

It's been a staple in my lesson room for 20 years, and Rick is a fantastic guy. Through our chat I learned we have a lot of the same views and approaches to teaching and drum philosophy.
  9. Living Dead Drummer

BRO...stick to a set up!!

IDK, I don't think I've ever played a Farmers Market before... But that's where stands with boom arms come in hand. Just boom and angle everything until it's all even behind the drivers seat. Might look wonky from out front, but as long as you're comfortable.
  10. Living Dead Drummer

Noble & Cooley

Ah, okay. The shell is black powder coat, so I couldn't tell what it was. I assumed it was Steel because I knew it wasn't brass, and steel is more common in cast shells than aluminum. The one I have is the 4.75 depth. Black shell, black hardware.
  11. Living Dead Drummer

Interview with Rick Latham

Had the chance to chat with Rick Latham this week on my show, Batter Heads.
  12. Living Dead Drummer

Noble & Cooley

I've got an N&C piccolo snare that I've used on a lot of sessions the last couple years. Super thick 3mm steel shell. Sounds great with the right heads. The snare's not "technically" mine, a producer friend lent it to me for a session a year and a half ago, and whenever I try to return it he's...
  13. Living Dead Drummer

BRO...stick to a set up!!

I used to change my setup every so often just to try new things. Sit high, sit low, all kinds of stuff. But the last idk, decade or so? I've kept it the same. I will, however, add or subtract drums and cymbals depending on the needs of the gig. The core is always the same, with the same heights...
  14. Living Dead Drummer

Looking for drum head suggestions for Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kit

Here's what I have on my SC's: Aquarian: Bass: Super Kick 2 on batter, w/ Regulator on Front. Toms: Responce 2's Tom/Classic Clear Bottom Snare: Texture Coated w/Power Dot Top. Snare Sice bottom. I use DrumTacs for dampening. 1 or 2 on the snare, and 1 or 2 on the bottoms of the toms.
  15. Living Dead Drummer

Batter Heads Podcast with Ken Jay (Static-X)

He's a really great guy, and I enjoyed chatting with him quit a lot.