Recent content by Lee-Bro

1. Lee-Bro

What's your latest purchase?

18" AA Sabian China - Brand new, old stock with pre-redesigned logos. And new to me a 4x14 DW Collector's maple snare in Green Glass Glitter to match my kit. And yes, I know my kit is dusty. I'll be doing a good spring cleaning on it in the near future. Also picked up a Paiste Twenty series...
  2. Lee-Bro

Singing allowed again!!!!

I called the governor's office and asked them, "Will I be able to I sing now?" They said, "Yes, you can." I replied, "That's great, because I couldn't before!" and promptly hung-up.
  3. Lee-Bro

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

For those missing out on their candy from Sweetwater, for the price of a couple drumheads, you can have a weekend supply of candy: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017VNRKT2/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_GNQ8Q8VCFQMG0TKTAG25?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Ron, I'm glad you have resolution and closure w/ the...
  4. Lee-Bro

Drummers who have changed brand affiliation the most??

I know this article has been referenced and pretty much Bermuda's online article: https://drummagazine.com/inside-the-secret-world-of-drum-endorsements/ About 2/3 of the way into the article, the topic of brand-switching is addressed.
  5. Lee-Bro

Derp, you're right. I was thinking more along the lines from boutique to major brand changes, not so much major brand to major brand. There must be a synapse wiring problem on my end.
  6. Lee-Bro

International back-line support and the ability for a working drummer to have access to the gear he/she needs or regularly uses on tour can be a huge factor.
  7. Lee-Bro

Help identifying Ludwig drum finish

Sorry, 12x8. There's a slight chance it's 9" deep, I'll verify tomorrow.
  8. Lee-Bro

Help identifying Ludwig drum finish

It's definitely a rewrap. I got it as part of a bundle deal and if anyone wants it, I'm entertaining offers. It's missing 1 lug, the tensions rods for 1 hoop, the mounting bracket, and what appears to have been an internal muffler.
  9. Lee-Bro

Picked up a DW Workshop series BNOB, could use info.

I've read the "steel, not brass" several times online, but can't find a black over steel, except for the knurled versions in the Collectors line. And there's this from: http://www.drumsontheweb.com/DOTWpages/Drumkeypages/manu-newspages/03-manunews/0303-Drum_Workshop-h.html Finally, the...
  10. Lee-Bro

Picked up a DW Workshop series BNOB, could use info.

11. Lee-Bro

DW Black Nickel Over Brass Snare (Pics Inside)

So I just picked up one of these for $180. My intention was to harvest the hardware for another DW snare shell I have, but after playing it, I just can't bring myself to doing that. Those of you in the know, I have a few questions: 1) What's the difference in the shell used in the original...
  12. Lee-Bro

Drum truths that defy science, gravity or explanation..................

The one time you decide not to bring an extra snare head, snare, or bass drum pedal, it'll break.
  13. Lee-Bro

Drum set finish - yea or nay?

I presume this is an Alpi kit?
  14. Lee-Bro

Drum set finish - yea or nay?

I intentionally painted mine green. :-)
  15. Lee-Bro

Looking forward to a heavy rain...for once.

I used to love thunderstorms and watching the rain. But after dealing with floods, especially those in the middle of the night, and having to run pumps including a Champion gas powered pump, to keep the water from reaching the furnace and other appliances, it's hard not to feel panicked or...