Recent content by larryace

1. larryace

Hello All! Thanks for adding me

Wow Zach you are like really welcome here. Geez how many drummers live there?
  2. larryace

Collar-less drum heads

I'd like to see it attempted. I think it would work. Snare batters aren't cranked like the snare side head. The hoops would sit up higher, that could be problematic. Or maybe just make the most bare minimum collar that they can get away with. Either way, IMO, the time is ripe to rethink the...
  3. larryace

Coffee

Pretty astute Chris. That's how we are initiating communication with Brian. The lawnmower holds much significance. Nothing is by chance.
  4. larryace

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Hey Chris if I haven't said so lately, your scorched copper burst (I think I got that right) has always looked amazing to me. Yours and Larry8's TW yellow could be my favorite kit finishes here.
  5. larryace

Collar-less drum heads

True! Calf heads are kind of the same way. I'd be all over a collarless batter head like a fox in a henhouse
  6. larryace

Coffee

Sorry, not this time Brian. As with most, you are slated for some important stuff and you are needed down here for a few thousand more lifetimes.. You have certain powers that haven't matured yet, you will be using those. You'll see it eventually. And we gave you beer. The Pleadians gave you...
  7. larryace

Collar-less drum heads

Oh the collar-less snare side heads are great. They solve a lot of problems, particularly when a collared head stretches out, and the aluminum hoop touches shell fixings. With the no collar head, that can't happen. And a collar does form. One that completely conforms to your bearing edge and any...
  8. larryace

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

Mr. The Shepherd... If someone asked me to guess what kind of wood that kit is from the figuring...there's no way I would have guessed that's ash. Maybe it's quilted ash? I've just never seen ash like that. It does look awesome. My guess would have been highly figured maple. The ash figuring...
  9. larryace

Collar-less drum heads

I really dig the collar-less snare side head that Remo makes. I think it's the best way to do a drumhead, because the head HAS to conform to the edge, In theory, a perfect seal. The way it is now, the bearing edge and head collar...have different radii in a lot of cases. So the mylar has to...
  10. larryace

Looking forward to a heavy rain...for once.

Ah brothers. Aren't they so special? That explains a lot actually :)
  11. larryace

Looking forward to a heavy rain...for once.

I love basements. I like being underground. Helps with sound naturally. A lot of my income comes from me working in basements. My most favorite spot to be is in my studio in my basement. Dry basements are extremely common where I am. I wish I had a sub basement or two.
  12. larryace

Coffee

Thanks Brian. Your species is lucky that SOME of you are worth all the effort. Not you Brian, sorry... I'll see what I can do. Now Art? We are looking closely at Art. Don't underestimate Art.
  13. larryace

Customizing your kit

I put a Mapex no drill tom tree holder on both of my walnut bass drums. I like a tree. I had to get a local welder to shorten the mount up a little, twice. It's made for an 18" bass drum and mine are 16 and 12 inches deep. So 2 of my Guru bass drums sport that Mapex M logo, as I hit my...
  14. larryace

Does buying pre owned bother you?

I'll take some pre-owned magic old K cymbals please. Like Winston said, once you know what to look for...
  15. larryace

Coffee

Ha ha. I can certainly understand that POV. We can't do everything for you, in order for you to grow up. But we will stop you from endangering everyone, that's what we must do for all involved. It's so easy for us to stop you guys, one of our 3 day old infants can do it. Arrogance! You guys...