Recent content by kevthedrummer

1. kevthedrummer

Name this drum beat...

I know it's a latin style beat, but for some reason it's all over the place in pop music nowadays. listening to the charts on Spotify is about as depressing as music gets for me, but I noticed many are using this: (sorry it's a Bieber song) https://youtu.be/fMvIARf_SUU?t=36s Or Drake if you...
  2. kevthedrummer

Cases in rock sizes 24, 13, 16, 18?

Does anyone know of any sets of drum cases in the above sizes? Can't seem to find any! Individually it'll cost a small fortune!
  3. kevthedrummer

Does anyone still make large kits?

I have come across a few, including the Gretsch Catalina 24,13,16,18 - I don't want to go any smaller than that - and that is a good kit, I just want to know if there are any other equivalent kits out there that are better for a similar price? I currently play a Mapex V (poor kit) but the sizes...
  4. kevthedrummer

QOTSA - No One Knows help

Does anyone know if there is a technical name for the fills that Dave Grohl uses in No One Knows during the chorus? People have been describing it as a triple flam but there is no flam involved, it's definitely quick singles with a slight rest. so I play RLR | L RLR | L Any ideas? You can see...
  5. kevthedrummer

Identify this snare

Hi a friend of mine is selling this snare drum that he picked up a few years ago. The badge has been removed because it's been covered with a cherry sparkle wrap. It has 8 lugs, and has a Tama throw off - it looks like a starclassic Tama, possibly a birch one, 14" x 5.5" with a die cast hoop...
  6. kevthedrummer

Spotify drum playlist (shared)

Hey, I'm always on the lookout for songs with great drumming. I reckon those of us who have Spotify should compile a joint playlist and add songs when we hear something we've liked. Maybe we could make a few eventually, but to start with lets just make an "ultimate drummers playlist" - anyone...
  7. kevthedrummer

Having some tuning issues with Ludwig Black Beauty

I cannot find anything on this anywhere on the internet. Anywhere I find anything about the Black Beauty, it's always about how incredible it is (or something about a horse). So it seems strange that I have a problem. It has only come up recently, and it's to do with the tuning. I've had it for...