KamaK's latest activity

• K
    KamaK replied to the thread Real Gretsch drums or no?.
    That kit is a steal at $1200 Last things to look out for? That the kit wasn't literally a steal. That you don't get robbed and shot...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Home Recording Studio....
    Hi Wendy, and welcome. New topics generally start a new thread. Since you're here: Is your son a child or a youth? What is your...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Real Gretsch drums or no?.
    Blackhawks. What was their other economy line.. The "Energy" or something? The Renegade?
  • K
    Almost any multiclamp (with the correct sizing) will suffice. There are even Rack specific ones.
  • K
    A clean dry towel, followed by a damp warm towel, followed by a clean dry towel.
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Rooms/stages that you've played.
    I've played stages that sound one way during soundcheck, and sounded completely different once the room is full of people. I've played...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Do you control your own stage mix?.
    The only untold down-side of the Presonus stuff is the awkward two-day "let's figure this technology shit out" period with the rest of...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Do you control your own stage mix?.
    +1 for Presonus and iPhone
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Advice On PA System for Drums.
    My standard answer: Two Yamaha powered tops, at least one (preferably two) powered bottom, one mixer, poles/stands. Tops need to be at...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Starclassic or Neusonic?.
    Not that I know of. This is more an attestation of Tama's legendary durability than a suggestion that Ludwig has a shortcoming.
  • K
    The entire reason behind the "sounds great in GC" is that the Neusonic is a low mass kit, and will sound better in an acoustic setting...
  • K
    Indeed... I don't think that Ludwig knows anymore either. It's fair to say that the Neusonic is a bit heavier than competing low-mass...
  • K
    StarClassics are a standard mass kit. These compete with pretty much every other standard weight kit. Neusonics are a low-mass kit...
  • K
    KamaK replied to the thread Snare Wires.
    For almost all snare drums, I usually start with a generic Gibraltar 20-strand and work from there...
  • K
    I went with the George Way. I wanted low mass, but couldn't cost-justify a Guru or talk Andy into doing gloss black. I liked what Josh...