kaide's latest activity

• K
    kaide replied to the thread Tower Of Power Drum Cover.
    Thank You Andy :)
  • K
    kaide reacted to Andy's post in the thread Tower Of Power Drum Cover with Like Like.
    Difficult to see how that could be improved - really satisfying grooving :)
  • K
    Thanks AzHeat! There are a few live versions of this one and it's nice to hear how the song has evolved over the years.
  • K
    kaide reacted to AzHeat's post in the thread Tower Of Power Drum Cover with Like Like.
    I'm ashamed to say I haven't heard that song before, so not familiar with the versions, but will now. Nicely played as always!(y)
  • K
    kaide reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread Tower Of Power Drum Cover with Like Like.
    Nice grooving! I'm used to the version on the "Live and in Living Color" album - so hearing it that slow surprises me to this day!
  • K
    Thanks Bo Eder! Live and in Living Color was my first TOP album and compared to that the original is VERY slow. Begins 92 beat and...
  • K
    This snare is over 55 years old so not really new....I have had it for a year so far :) I have these Snareweight dampers on my toms to...
  • K
    Hi guys and gals! Here's my new Tower Of Power / Garibaldi cover. Quite complicated grooves on this one...
  • K
    kaide reacted to Morrisman's post in the thread Steely Dan cover with Like Like.
    I’ll playing this and singing some harmonies next weekend. Just four words: “years” “ti-ime” “tears” “mi-ine” That’s enough to...
  • K
    kaide replied to the thread Steely Dan cover.
    Thanks Morrisman! I'm pretty sure there are softer hihat shuffle notes on verses but they are quite softly played. Kick plays off-beats...
  • K
    kaide reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread Steely Dan cover with Like Like.
    It’s part of my song list too. Holding the time and singing like you’re having a conversation was tougher than I thought!
  • K
    kaide reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread Steely Dan cover with Like Like.
    Nice playing! New goal: sing the lead vocal too 😉
  • K
    Thanks Bo Eder! You don't want to hear my singing...it's terrible...but that would be a great goal :)
  • K
    kaide reacted to mrthirsty's post in the thread Steely Dan cover with Like Like.
    Nice Job! You really captured the feel of the tune.
  • K
    Thanks mrthirsty! That was the goal of this cover as my other covers also. Thanks for the comment!