Recent content by jotadrums

1. J

Small space practice kit.

----Do you write from the States? In the eBay European area is difficult to find those bargains...perhaps I should be patient!!! All good things to those who wait!!!:p
  2. J

----Well, a snare, hat, bd and one-up, one-down. Just a four piece. Crash and ride. A simple kit. In fact, when the TD-1DMK arrives, I will probably leave one of the toms without mounting, and use his place for the ride....
  3. J

King Crimson Hearbeat...which sound is the click comping thru the song?

---Yep, I mean that. I supose that surely that was what they probably did....but it catches my attention that is exactly the same sound in Crimson's Discipline and in the Oldfield's QE2 album....perhaps Oldfield also recorded a muted triangle...:cool:;) Just asking...
  4. J

King Crimson Hearbeat...which sound is the click comping thru the song?

Also a very similar click can be heard during the mandolin intro in Mike Oldfield's Taurus I. Is it a Linn? Any idea?:unsure::unsure:
  5. J

Possibly not, since it has been designed to be mounted that way. In your case, a Pearl Compact Traveler with an extra cheap pad or two, or a Roland TD-1DMK for a full drumset with little floor space, should be your choices. With these kits you should be up and running. And always, of course...
  6. J

Switch trigger for a bass drum.

----How about a Roland TD-1DMK kit? I cannot stretch the budget much more...:confused::ROFLMAO: This is quite a better set, in my opinion...
  7. J

Anyone can confirm diameter for the Roland TD-1DMK rack tubes?

Drum-tec sends me to their technical support. My query was if in a 12" arm would fit hi-hat and crash poles (left) and ride+tom 3 corresponding poles (right). Still waiting for the answer....didn't think it was that difficult....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
  8. J

Standard mesh heads on Roland TD-1DMK series.

I'm afraid I don't quite get it. In the Youtube clip they seem normal heads separated from the white plastic rims...!!!
  9. J

---I will finally go for the 12"/30 cm one. (y) :D
  10. J

Thanks a lot for being so helpful; I really appreciate it!!!(y):D
  11. J

----Lots and lots of thanks for your answer, you've been very helpful. Subject is I would need to shorten both arms of the Roland TD-1DMK rack, due to floor space constraints. Seems the TD-1DMK rack is conceived in order to allow an upgrade for a second floor tom, another crash and even perhaps...
  12. J

---Hmmmm....yep!! Probaby that would be the cause of such expensive prices. Double mesh are quite better heads...Thanks for your answer!!!! ----Thanks a lot!!! :p :)
  13. J

I'm planning to DIY shorter rack arms for the hi-hat on the left and ride cymbal on the right due to floor space limitation. I would like to confirm this in order to get the correct tubes when the kit arrives!! Otherwise I would have measured it myself...:p:p Any comment on this is truly...
  14. J

Omar Hakim on Roland V-Drums

----Would this be the case?:):):)
  15. J

I noticed double mesh heads factory mounted on the Roland TD-1DMK are unbeliavebly expensive. The 6" heads are about $55 and the 8" for the snare about $34... Is it possible to mount standard mesh heads (perhaps single layer, starting at about $10...)? Would it affect the set behaviour in any...