Recent content by jotadrums

1. J

Silent hi-hats too loud!!!

---I think I found something similar in Thomann, under Meinl.
  2. J

A video progressive sight-reading course for drums?

---Thanks for your help.
  3. J

Hi, Peedy!!! Perhaps could you point me a link to those pads? Regards...
  4. J

Sorry for duplicating. My left mouse button works at its own impulses.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
  5. J

----Hi, Brentcn!!! Thanks a lot for your comments. In fact I'm about to get Bobby Gabriele's book, in a few days. As for writing my own parts I am already on it since years ago, and it's a fine thing; thanks for mentioning. Ted Reed's Syncopation is another good to go. And as for the...
  6. J

----Hi, Brentcn!!! Thanks a lot for your comments. In fact I'm about to get Bobby Gabriele's book, in a few days. As for writing my own parts I am already on it since years ago, and it's a fine thing; thanks for mentioning. Ted Reed's Syncopation is another good to go. And as for the...
  7. J

Those would be fine for me, I presume. Either those or these.
  8. J

----Your type font is too loud, actually. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :D:D:):) But thanks for your comment, highly appreciated. As for the hats....seems Millenium Still are not top of the game, but mind you...I was under a budget...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  9. J

----No. Never.:ROFLMAO: I worked with electronic drums at home in the early nineties, some almost thirty years ago. Technology was not like it is now. I used a Roland PD-21 and PD-11 set. I ended selling out them swearing I would use an electronic kit never again. Besides, the Gretsch Catalina...
  10. J

:):) ----Today I have been tinkering a bit with the drumkit (Gretsch Drums Catalina Club Jazz - SWG) and the Protools, just at home!!;). I managed to record some bd/hh/sd thing (just groove) and got it by putting some cloths on top of the hi-hat and below the snare head. Sound is still decent...
  11. J

---I do completely agree, perhaps the L80 are the way to go. But I was under a budget. I left out the practice pad from the buying list, because I thought that it could bring issues. ---They are not complaining...simply because I haven't started the practice sessions at home yet. But the other...
  12. J

---Seems interesting....thanks for your reply!!!
  13. J

--These are the Millenium Still series. They sound good in my opinion, but slightly loud as well. I think the gaffer tape may be an option. I'll give it a try....
  14. J

Trying to practice in a small room of a flat. I realise that mesh heads also throw out too much volume....Mmmmm I'm having volume issues all over the place...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: They can be if the limit for volume is very strict, as in the bedroom of a flat with neighbours.
  15. J

I would need to dampen this hi-hat set even more....Turns out the silent hi-hat sets in general tend to sound too crisp and render strong high-frequencies overall. Any idea on how to accomplish? Or how about going felt drumsticks? Any opinion truly acknowledged....:):):):) Regards....