Recent content by joshlovestodrum

1. joshlovestodrum

How do you know how much your gear is worth?

So i posted a bit about this in the wanted/for sale section but I didnt know if it was the appropriate place after the fact...worried that nobody would notice it i decided to put a little something in here too. I have a Mapex Pro-M Rock kit in great condition in the cherry fade finish, pdp...
  2. joshlovestodrum

Anyone catch that UFC ppv lastnight?

LOL ...dang son, nobody that i thought would win won.... Rampage killed Silva Mir killed Nog Evans killed Griffin lots of killin' was done that night, none of which was done by my picks. dang good thing no money was involved. ;)
  3. joshlovestodrum

Adjust with or without a zero ring on?

so i got a zero ring on my 16'' floor tom and i was wondering if i should adjust the lugs with or without the ring on...does it make a difference? its at a good place and i dont want to f it up for nothing if i can help it. call me superstitious. lol.
  4. joshlovestodrum

The Sword (Band)...On Facebook Anyone???

Anyone on Facebook? Could you please join my new group "The Sword (Band)" on Facebook and help me spread the word about this awesome group that not too many people know much about? I really like them and the drumming is pretty spiffy too. Very Black Sabbath meets Iron Maiden to my ears.
  5. joshlovestodrum

Check this cat out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyonline ...i found him while checking some videos of Joe Morello (stemming from me seeing the video of that guy talking about how all the different stick striking applications are basically intertwined and all that)....I really dig his vibe, oh and I stumbled...
  6. joshlovestodrum

Remote hats?

are they any good? i have the ole' foot position isnt my favorite playing position...just a bit far away...any ideas on good remote hi hat stands?
  7. joshlovestodrum

Someone wants to use my kit on a FLOAT!

So what would you do....my wife is the CA for the area we live in here on campus and one of the tennants asked if he could borrow my kit or if not the whole thing just the hardware and cymbals to play on a float in the school parade on friday or whatever. i think it must be homecoming...
  8. joshlovestodrum

Anyone seen Almost Famous?

so i'm trying to figure out which song is playing in the shot where he's heavily tracing/outling band names like Led Zep and Black Sabbath on the yellow paper...i can hear the riff in my head...its got like a fuzzed out guitar or bass or something going on...like a hendrix or who tune but i dont...
  9. joshlovestodrum

Unheated Basement = Safety???

so i just moved my kit into my friend andy's basement. it will be a great place for us to shed' things out until we can play out...anyhow, its (as far as i can tell) unheated down there....theres one tiny window in the room we are in...otherwise its stone and 95% in the ground...my drums have a...
  10. joshlovestodrum

Wolfmother: Your thoughts?

I'm ridiculously let down that they broke up...i'm all for keeping original members and the magic that those guys made...tis' a shame they only got one album out. Also, Myles Heskett...ham fisted throwback drummer or steeped in rock tradition? lol
  11. joshlovestodrum

DIY drum shield?

how easy, and possibly cheaper, would making your own be? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Drum-One-Shield-Two-Drum-Shield?sku=404501 ...something like that was what i was thinking about.
  12. joshlovestodrum

Remo Coated PS 3 & Ebony PS 3 ported...able to tune?

so this is my new kick head setup....coated powerstroke 3 for the batter and a ebony powerstroke three with a 5'' mic port on the reso...initial install did not give me very good results at all...i tuned past the wrinkles when i put em' on...did a tap test to check the tuning spread...then gave...
  13. joshlovestodrum

Are there DrummerWorld shirts?

dude we gotta get shirts if we dont. i'd rock it everywhere!
  14. joshlovestodrum

Heads to get a sound like Coldplay's Will Champion?

so its 2:23am and i still cant decide which heads to get. a tone like will champions is what i'm after...i know he uses remos...and from trying to spy his drum heads in mannnnnyyyy pictures and videos tonight i know he uses coated batters and clear resos...fine....but WHICH i do not know so...
  15. joshlovestodrum

A idea from using activebass.com...

I would personally enjoy having a start page when you log in where you can see if people responded to your posts...i'm not saying that this site NEEDS that, i'm just saying that i'd enjoy it. peace, JG
Back