Have you fully recovered by now Andy?
Not completely relevant to the topic, but Marco Minnemann said in one of this YouTube videos that a way to check if an independence exercise is mastered is the ability to speak while doing it. Then it’s muscle memory already.
I usually close mike + overheads and Glyn Johns at the same time. 9 out of 10 times I use the Glyn Johns setup only.
It just sounds more natural. I play classic rock and blues.
Cascade Fat Head II ribbons centered over the snare and another one over the floor pointing to the snare. SM57 on...
In my case it’s like this:
- I love the friendship and socializing in a band and with musicians in general
- I love to perform for a crowd
- I love to challenge myself and make a song happen right there on the spot. I play a lot in a jam band.
- I love the equipment and sound side, good drums...
For recording into a DAW, using hardware gates is a bad idea:
1. If set it wrong, you may lose some beats on the way in
2. Most DAWs have gates included or you can download free plugins.
3. DAW gates usually have a ‘Look forward’ functionality so you don’t lose the start of the transient...
I have around 12 kits, some of them rare and collectible.
They all get used in my home studio, but I only gig a 4 piece Premier Genista with a 20” kick or an up to 7 piece Tama Hyperdrive Duo. Both fairly new.
it’s not so much a question of damage and scratches, but more getting sounds fast...
I like the Pearl feet too.
check the diameter of the floor tom legs. The Pearl feet fits the smaller diameter ones. 10mm I think.
I have squeezed in 12mm Gretsch legs. But they like to pop out or the rubber cracks.
Im an expat in Malaysia. Last week we finished a 7 week period where we could only go out for food shopping or medical assistance. I only left the house once during this time. Financially I’m fine, and coped well with the 7 weeks. No gigs for the foreseeable future, but it’s just a hobby anyway...
I’m in Malaysia and have 1108 purchasing transactions on eBay. Mostly drum stuff from USA.
‘overall it’s worked well for me. I don’t think even a single parcel was lost.
I unfairly lost a couple of disputes though. Most memorable one was a ‘crack free’ cymbal that arrived with at least 5...