Recent content by JohnPloughman

1. J

1966 Catalog - Who makes these U.S. / Imported drums?

Drum set ...lower left, is Rogers. FOB warehouse is either Covington Ohio or Cleveland Ohio...54-58 there were other lines carried under the Rogers name. I do not have those catalogs. Page from 58 Rogers below. Soo Brand, Daisy Brand, Union Brand. were all used early
  2. J

1966 Catalog - Who makes these U.S. / Imported drums?

Those snare drums and parades... are USA … probably Grossman Music./Rogers Drums and I highly doubt 1966.... as those lugs ceased to be made about 1957/58. One of the parades … , on the end.. has a Joseph Rogers & Sons Union Label Badge.
  3. J

Snare head suggestions?

This isn't a pearl export, or stagg. or other junk. It is a new (I assume) high end (the name would so claim) professional grade snare drum from a top of the heap company. Play what it comes with. Learn the drum. They put some thought into it. This crap that a person has to change brand new...
  4. J

Hardcase question

I use Humes and Berg Enduro hard cases. The unlined versions. Rarely do I carry like that, because I alsu use bags. Added protection. A good bit of the time its bags only. Sometimes just the hard cases. I do not like storing drums in cases for extended periods.
  5. J

24K 1968 Rogers Dyna-Sonic

1968 Brass Shell Dyna-Sonic. The Chrome finish was forever and horribly marred by 4-0 steel wool "polishing." A friend did this for me. 24K Gold Plate. A rebirth. [/IMG]
  6. J

It's probably impossible but can someone identify this Rogers kit

These are made since the year 2000 and could be either Brook May era entry level or Yamaha issue. Brook May did make some low end entry level drums as they were bringing the brand back from extinction. Yamaha.........went backwards. Rogers no longer exists.
  7. J

Tuning woes

Set the head level finger tight. If you do this right, it will all be good. Since I don't know what threads you have.... in 1/2 turns. Using standard cross lug tensioning, put 1 1/2 turns on Top, Two on bottom. Check the drum. Add 1/4 turn all around top and bottom if needed. Check drum. If...
  8. J

Roger's Dynasonic at GC Brea

White marine pearl aged to a wonderfully yellowed tint..... with a COB Dyna-Sonic, and canister throne, all of that wondrous history. I hope junior got his moneys worth. He got maybe.... three hundred? four? ....... for what would have been nearly a 2K set of drums if condition of the drums...
  9. J

Roger's Dynasonic at GC Brea

if complete, and not beat up, a decent price for an oval badge in excellent condition. If 6.5x14, a great price in excellent condition. What color was the set?
  10. J

What's your latest purchase?

14x14 Floor tom to go with ....... 1966 Rogers Steel Gray Ripple 20-12-16
  11. J

Twin Rogers Dynasonics

1983/4 Dynasonic Snare Drums 6.5x14, XP10 All Maple 10 Ply, Black Lug Felts, Dynasonic Lug Locks, consecutive serial numbers. 122346..... I aquired from ebay in 2001. 122347.... I aquired from ebay this past January. According to the seller, it once belonged to Doug Clifford of CCR.
  12. J

A very special Rogers Superten 1983

I recently picked this up from EBAY. Rogers 6.5x14, Natural Maple, XP10, ten ply all maple, born on January 26, 1983. This drum belonged to Gina Schock of The Go-Go's, who was endorsed by Rogers Drums USA at the time. There is an inscription inside the drum signed by John Cermenaro, who was...
Back