Recent content by Joe Morris

1. Joe Morris

MY TRIBUTE BERMUDA PICTURE

One of my first Namm shows like 20 odd years ago with Bermuda. We were both Impact endorsers at that time. One of the best friendships I ever made. John was so kind to me, showed me the ropes, lent me his drumset for an audition I had. Yea, he knew me a few days and lent me his drums...
  2. Joe Morris

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

Your getting ready to do a session or gig. The sound guy says to you: "how many toms are you using tonight" what do you say?
  3. Joe Morris

GURU SNARE DRUM

I wanted you guys and girls to check out this track. Its "Spanish Joint" by D'Angelo. I used my guru snare on the session and this is a great chance to listen to both the cross stick and the snare sound. Check it out. Props to the musicians on the track also with Ted Belledin on Sax and...
  4. Joe Morris

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED

Well I traveled from last December until this June so I'm finally back in my studio routine. I was wondering if you guys and girls would be interested if I made a new youtube page with different grooves I might come up with on sessions. I already have a youtube page and its pretty much all pro...
  5. Joe Morris

BEEN A WHILE

Hey everyone well I have been traveling since last December. LOL I'm finally at home doing my studio gig so hey I'm here. Questions? whatever. Hit me. Hope everyone is doing great!!! joe
  6. Joe Morris

MY NEW DRUM RISER

I started playing vegas on a weekly basis with Esteban. This was my first week. I will be in Vegas every Thursday, Friday and select Saturdays through March and probably further on since the crowds have been amazing. I thought you guys might want to check out the riser. Now this is a drum...
  7. Joe Morris

PLAYING FOR A LIVING

Recently many of you have sent me private messages with this question: A quote from sanadadrummer in my mailbox. Im sure you have had many messages asking the same question, but if you could tell me a couple important aspects to keep in mind if I want to make a living out of playing the...
  8. Joe Morris

I GUESS IT NEVER STOPS

So thought you guys might appreciate this. I was at a practice for an upcoming gig going over like 30 tunes. Long story short the rhythm guitar player started yelling at me. Telling me I should use a click on every tune and the tempos on some tunes were faster than the record. Lots of...
  9. Joe Morris

MY HI HAT STAND

Hey everyone just checking in. Been busy so I figured I better see whats up at my favorite drum site. I did get to see Bermuda when he was in Phx not that long ago had a great time hanging with Jon. My good friend for many years and a great drummer. So let the fun begin. A while ago I...
  10. Joe Morris

RISE ABOVE BREAK THE STEROTYPE

As I have been posting and reading some of the threads these days I have been doing some thinking about something I wanted to convey to everyone. Recently, I was even personally attacked on a thread because of something I said, people are arguing about practice, Ringo, drumshops, you name it...
  11. Joe Morris

MY GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT AS A PRO DRUMMER

I put my daughter Hannah through college by playing the drums. Yep even with the resume I have compiled over the years this is truly my greatest accomplishment yet. 1 down, 2 to go. lol
  12. Joe Morris

DIRTY LOOPS

I know there has been a forum on these guys before but it didn't get much attention. An engineer that I work with sent me this link for these guys and I was truly blown away. Yes the drumming is excellent, the bass playing is killer, the groove is freaking tight, the vocals are off the chart...
  13. Joe Morris

Mounting Your Rack Toms

Ok guys and ladies I have given out a ton of advise on this forum. Now I am going to pose a question to you about something I have been struggling with for a while. I for a very long time have mounted my toms off my bass drum. If you have seen my video's you will see I always have my toms...
  14. Joe Morris

NICE TO MEET SOME FORUM PEOPLE AT NAMM

Hey it was nice to finally put some faces to posts. Some of us drummerworld drummers met at the Ludwig booth on Saturday. A few didn't show up, but it was still nice to meet some of you guys. So where is the picture.? Joe
  15. Joe Morris

Electronic Press Kit. (E.P. K.)

I thought I would share my bands E.P.K. with you all just to give an example of this way of promoting your band. The days of a bio and cd are over, the epk is the industry standard these days of getting work and your band out there. Some include dates and other promo stuff but since I already...