Recent content by Jml

1. Jml

What's better

I always have fun when I’m practicing by myself. The stress kicks in when I’m playing a gig in front of people. Then after the gig, I realize no one in the crowd heard any of my multiple mistakes. Still hard to enjoy it because I heard the mistakes. So I’m harder on myself than anyone else is.
  2. Jml

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

Geez. That is super frustrating. Bad grade all around for Pearl and Sweetwater on this one.
  3. Jml

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

Ugh. Sorry to hear your story. You shouldn’t have to pay anything to ship it back. I’d also be leery of getting another Roadshow.....
  4. Jml

[In Concert] Yamaha Stage Custom Bebop Kit - Beautiful Love (Victor Young)

I’ve got an Aquarian Super Kick II on the batter of mine. Still experimenting with different resos. I’ve tried a ported reso with no muffling, ported reso with muffling, and lastly the stock Yamaha reso unported. I’m used to a ported reso as I usually bury the beater. But so far, the unported...
  5. Jml

I think the toms will hold their own. It’s more the bass drum. Wonder if micing it is enough.
  6. Jml

Awesome! Looking forward to it. I’d like to see if this can hold its own in a bar with electric guitars.
  7. Jml

Have you tried this kit in a pop/rock setting? Curious how it would pull that off.
  8. Jml

What's your most important gear that is NOT drum set related.

A small book light I clamp to my lyrics/setlist book, so I can see in the dark.
  9. Jml

Any serious Lap Drummers?

They have small pads that attach to your knee (or other part of your leg) so you don’t have to hit your leg.
  10. Jml

What kit would you like to try that you've never played before?

Ludwig Vistalites. Just for the hell of it.
  11. Jml

Any advice for bop kit

Yamaha Stage Custom Bop for $499 US. Done.
  12. Jml

Bring back Big Sizes!

Good luck to all of you who want huge drums. My back thanks me every time I bring a smaller kit to a gig.
  13. Jml

TAMA Club-JAM Bop! 18/10/14/5x13

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m looking at both (same price but the Tama comes with a snare), and trying to decide between them. I think I agree the Yamaha is better, especially the hardware.
  14. Jml

TAMA Club-JAM Bop! 18/10/14/5x13

Nice. Compared to the Yamaha Stage Custom Bop, which of the 2 did you like better, and why?