Jml's latest activity

• Jml
    Jml replied to the thread The 2nd kit you had.
    I’ve only been drumming for a few years. So I just upgraded to my second kit - a used Yamaha Stage Custom. Used it for the first time...
  • Jml
    I love my Paiste Giant Beats (Hi-hats, crash and ride) and Paiste 2002 hi-hats....
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Older Yamaha Stage Custom worth it?.
    Happy to say I’m a proud owner of a Yamaha Stage Custom! Haven’t set up the kit yet and need to get new heads, but here is a preview...
    • 48BC236F-1507-48DD-A10A-7D3425974B77.jpeg
  • Jml
    This is why I'm a member here - you guys are the best! Thanks for all the knowledge. I am going tomorrow to pick up the kit unless...
  • Jml
    Here's a close-up sample shot of a similar make, model, year and finish of the one I'm looking at. Isn't that a wrap?
    • 1567084699917.png
  • Jml
    It's the old Matte Cranberry Red from early 2000's. It has to be a wrap, no?
  • Jml
    I’m still in the market to replace my old kit, and came across a second generation Yamaha Stage Custom shell pack only (no stands, snare...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Shedboyxx's post in the thread Too old to Play Drums with Like Like.
    I'm a fairly young 61, still feel good about playing, have a couple of regular gigs and would welcome more. The playing is never an...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to your post in the thread Lacquer vs Wrap - how much does it really matter? with Like Like.
    I own both and I don't think it matters. Purists will argue I'm crazy, but really, I can't tell. It just depends on what you like...
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread best 12" wood snare?.
    You can find the Pork Pie I mentioned for under $200 new, and cheaper used. Great snare.
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread best 12" wood snare?.
    Pork Pie 12x6 Little Squealer Maple/Birch.
  • Jml
    Can anyone confirm if the second kit (Mapex M series with rectangular badge) is a basswood with outer maple ply, or actually a birch...
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Trying Again.
    Best of luck! Hope it works out! Always good to go outside your comfort zone and try something new.
  • Jml
    I think the lacquer one may be older by a few years, but it’s a better wood. I can also buy something to put legs on the floor tom...
  • Jml
    Perhaps this kit, for slightly more. Lacquer finish as opposed to a wrap. It’s either basswood with outer maple ply, or all birch. Comes...
    • FD547982-E031-400B-BF71-26CB5E07C4F9.jpeg