Jml's latest activity

• Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Dumb High-Hat Question.
    I tried the Quick Beats and thought I would love them but I don’t hear a big difference between them and my Armand 14” hi hats. So I may...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to SharkSandwich's post in the thread Talent level and band option with Like Like.
    Try this: Imagine you're an audience member and you're watching the band with a different drummer. Would you be saying to...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Jeremy Bender's post in the thread You Might be a Drummer if... with Like Like.
    When car shopping, cargo space is the main consideration after price.
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Stroker's post in the thread Video of my 18" Paiste Hats with Like Like.
    Right you are, the 15's are sick, so I can't imagine how absurd the SE 17's would be. Keep on keepin' on, BL! Always a pleasure.
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to roncadillac's post in the thread One up and one down set up with Like Like.
    I played intricate Mars Volta style prog rock with just a bass drum, snare drum, and Zildjian earth ride, all played standing. I played...
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Paiste Giant Beat edge dents.
    Bringing this thread back to life because I just cracked a Paiste Giant Beat Thin Crash. I’m trading in or selling my other Paistes...
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Pet peeve regarding drum sizes..
    I love my 12x7 rack tom and 14x9 floor tom on my Tama Starclassic Neo Mod. Who needs deep toms when shallow ones sound so good?
  • Jml
    I felt the same way when I started playing drums a couple of years ago - at the age of 49. Went to lessons for 6 months, then reached...
  • Jml
    Jml replied to the thread Cymbal blending.
    I just found a small crack in my Paiste Giant Beat 18” thin crash. Not sure they break so easily and I’m not a hard hitter, but there...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Bo Eder's post in the thread is cowbell's really that worth it to have? with Like Like.
    Let’s put it this way: you will be asked if you have a cowbell to cover certain songs long before anyone asks if you have a double bass...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to GretschedHive's post in the thread Where did my genre go? with Like Like.
    I would not say I'm a fan, per se, but Taylor Swift is absolutely unambiguously the real deal.
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to MrInsanePolack's post in the thread Where did my genre go? with Like Like.
    Genres never really go away, they just become old. There will always be someone listening regardless of how uncool or passe it might be...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to alparrott's post in the thread Gear red flag. with Like Like.
    Here's my take on it. Rule one, play well. Be good at your instrument and play well with the band. Rule two, own decent gear that sounds...
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Odd-Arne Oseberg's post in the thread Gear red flag. with Like Like.
    After more than a decade of full time teaching in the middle of nowhere with no real music scene around I have no videos either.
  • Jml
    Jml reacted to Steve30907's post in the thread Gear red flag. with Like Like.
    To be fair a lot of ads I see say pro gear required maybe it can just be getting it out of the way.