Recent content by Jeremy Bender

1. Jeremy Bender

CM Jones dumped Pearl for Sonor!!!

Now you've done it...
  2. Jeremy Bender

CM Jones dumped Pearl for Sonor!!!

Sonor I can understand, If CM jumped ship for Mapex we may see another Hitler rant video.
  3. Jeremy Bender

What are you listening to right now?

Such a solid a groove. Very accomplished players in this band...
  4. Jeremy Bender

Grammar Nazis. Get In Here!

I love this video.
  5. Jeremy Bender

Grammar Nazis. Get In Here!

6. Jeremy Bender

What are you listening to right now?

Making of Riders on the Storm with Ray Manzarek. Also John Densmore interview.
  7. Jeremy Bender

That's Not What I've Been Told! Drum Sound Physics

Awesome collection Frank. Not to derail the subject of shell thicknes and resonance but do you know what Chester Thompson was using in his instructional videotape? They look Phonics with Scandi birch but I can't tell.
  8. Jeremy Bender

That's Not What I've Been Told! Drum Sound Physics

In keeping with the fine tradition of analyzing scientific theoretical philosophy that this forum does, I found a heavy dose of information on shell design we all can discuss. Truth told I'd love to have a set of rosewood thick shell Phonics.
  9. Jeremy Bender

RIP Christine McVie

Bummer. I liked her musical contribution to the band.
  10. Jeremy Bender

Anyone done buying gear here?

I'm leaving that up to the Mortician
  11. Jeremy Bender

Your'e first 2 or 3 lesson books

Going back a long time ago to my youth these were some of them I remember. Stick Control Haskell Harr Drum Method for band Syncopation
  12. Jeremy Bender

MacGuyver tips and tricks??

Nothing too exotic but some ways to use Yamaha hardware: By taking their tiered cymbal attachment and connecting into a straight stand, I cobbled this together. Using a multi-clamp and the cowbell holder off a cymbal stand allows the positioning I like. Turning the 3 holed receiver like this...
  13. Jeremy Bender

The deal of the year

That does it... I'm selling the house to buy the Tama kit. I can sleep in the bass drum, the kids in the tom toms.
  14. Jeremy Bender

The Black Beauty on records

Jeff Porcaro was a big proponent of using a Black beauty in the studio from what I've read. Perhaps an email to his tech Ross Garfield the "Drum Doctor" may yield some some results? I'm also curious as to which snare Bermuda preferred in the studio and any songs recorded with that particular model.
  15. Jeremy Bender

What kind of Yammies are these?

I don't know if the drum factory will be going out of business, they seem to backed by a large corporation. From the videos I've seen of their new factory the drum making staff is surprisingly small. I always imagined Yamaha drums to be a large mount of workers on an automotive plant sized...