Recent content by JDavis64

1. J

Almost Easy - Avenged Sevenfold (Drum Cover)

My favorite song to play drums to, ever! Also one of my favorite A7X songs. I just wish I had my new snare when I recorded this. This was my second drum cover with recording gear. I have made adjustments to the mixer and tuning since then, but either way, any feedback is greatly appreciated...
  2. J

Crush Kit, Can't Decide Color!

I am looking at purchasing a kit, and I can't decide which color I want. My favorite color is blue, but the green is a great color too. Which one would you pick?
  3. J

Home Studio Project! Drum Kit Makeover!

A couple of months ago, I decided that I wanted a complete music makeover. New heads, new hardware, a new snare and a home made studio. I still have my Pearl Vision kit, it is now in a 5-piece set up. 10" tom, 12" tom, 14" floor tom, 22" bass, 14" snare. I have a Mapex Saturn Series maple walnut...
  4. J

Joe Davis Drumming

Hello Drummerworld! I have quite a few drum covers (as well as a few videos with my old band) up on YouTube and wanted to share them. I know I'm still on old heads but they sound okay... :P http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeDavis64?feature=mhum Here is the Facebook page of my new band, we're...
  5. J

Pearl Vision 7-Piece New Setup

I posted a picture of my Pearl Vision a long time ago, but it has since then underwent some changes. Pearl Vision VX927 7-Piece Drums: 14" Sensitone Snare 10" rack tom 12" rack tom 13" rack tom 14" floor tom 16" floor tom Cymbals: 10" Zildjian A Custom Splash 13" Zildjian A Custom...
  6. J

Temperature Conditions

I wasn't sure where this would fall under, so I put it in the general form. So, here's my situation... I have a garage room that was turned into a recreational area (with a pool table/stereo, that kind of deal) and I decided to use it as my practice space. It has a big heater on the wall, vinyl...
  7. J

JD's Pearl!

I bought this Pearl Vision to replace my First Act, which I've used for the last 5 years. I've been bashed by some people who say "Oh you wasted money, you should of gotten somehing more gig/tour worthy...blah, blah, and etc." and they kept telling me what I should of gotten, and I tell them...
  8. J

New Drumheads...

Hello drummerworld! I recently bought a 7-piece Pearl Vision set. The stock heads sound really good, which are Pearl Protones. I'm looking for drum heads to replace the stock ones when I start gigging some more. I'm looking at either Remo or Evans. If it helps or makes a difference, the rack...