Recent content by jda

1. jda

Is this good for the price?

I'm not sure that's terrible. If it comes with the throne Catalina Birch like the Catalina Ash were a step up from basic Catalina luan. Seems they are from that era and.... he's selling everything (?) stands, pedals.... throne.... If you want to get 'to a kit' quick.. It's close to a deal...
  2. jda

Zildjian 400th Anniversary Snare - Photo Heavy.

memri loc on snare stand please What snare stand is going to take this one
  3. jda

Car tyre pressure

There should be, max and minimum tire pressure "options" on the placard in the door jam pillar post; used to be; a high speed and lesser speed, and/or a solo driver and a full family with luggage optional pressures.. And keeping the same differential psi between front and rear axles (lol)...
  4. jda

Signature Sticks

never played shipping available'
  5. jda

A really REALLY stupid idea

honestly those are my exact concerns with a front port I don't port any drum anywhere any how besides the factory air vent If it had one
  6. jda

The Fascination with 4pc

always the contrarian Louie called 4 pc and raised it a doobie. https://www.google.com/search?q=louis+bellson+Downbeat+magazine+Rogers+drums+&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjFgJ3skpKFAxX6J2IAHQiRC98Q2-cCegQIABAA
  7. jda

The Fascination with 4pc

" Armed with these new inventions Drummers at this stage were still using wood blocks and sound effects with hoop mounted toms, racked to consoles on wheels. In 1935 Gene Krupa changed the face of drumming by using what was refereed to as a "Stripped Down Kit". Designed by the Slingerland...
  8. jda

The Fascination with 4pc

6 pc is not that different than a 4pc It's just doubled (except in bass drum(unless you're of the dbl pedal gen) So everything takes twice as long to go around.. And then there's the times you need more melody than 2 toms like if you're doing Atomic Rooster or something
  9. jda

The Fascination with 4pc

I raise 8 octobans in your toast
  10. jda

is improving inevitable

what happens to a drummer a lot of times is a pattern they want--- will start with the right hand---then shift to the left hand in the lead. There- it reminds me of some of those exercises in the old Stick Control book*.. where a "Note is Left out*" so the dominate hand "stays" in that lead...
  11. jda

is improving inevitable

What I found is earlier on one practices Stickings. This are the few ways I'll do a 2 a 4 a 5 a 6 a 7 an 8 and 9........ till ...Kingdom come. And then "Later on" I mean way later "your mind" starts hearing things "those stickings don't accommodate" So you're stuck with a conundrum (pun)...
  12. jda

What are you listening to right now?

Kenneth Buttrey on the Sonors evidently (like to find it free) it's a Movie "www.NeilYoungHarvestTime.com Created between January and September 1971, this docu-film takes us on an intimate journey to Young’s farm in Northern California for the ‘Harvest Barn’ sessions, to London for an iconic...
  13. jda

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

dfo member "RyanLovesDrums" posted there these pics of Bill Stewart's Show set up last evening.. States drums were a house kit (what are they anyone recognize?) and cymbalologist Paul Wells 73 fills in details of the cymbals: Main ride was a "Dry Complex II prototype, but the rest...
  14. jda

Cool drum rug replacer

I thought you meant the bass drum spurs you meant the tiny spikes on a pedal 😁 I hope)
Back