Recent content by Jbravo

1. Jbravo

B20 or bust

Was it you that cracked it? 😂
  2. Jbravo

What's your latest purchase?

Finally broke down and ordered a pair of Paiste 2002 17” sound edge hats. Got a notification they are delivered, so they’ll be waiting when I get home from work. 😊
  3. Jbravo

Very nice!
  4. Jbravo

I bought the sabian sound kit for the same reason! 😊
  5. Jbravo

B20 or bust

can always use more cowbell!😂
  6. Jbravo

B20 or bust

Well, here are the A’s. They sound nice, I’ve kinda missed Zildjian. They are a good bit less loud than my Paiste, which surprises me.
  7. Jbravo

B20 or bust

I invested rather heavily in Paiste Big Beats last year. I love them. But I’m getting a little bored with the sound, so I ordered drum center of Portland’s Zildjian A sweet set Monday. 18 and 20 thin crashes, a 23” sweet ride and 15 new beat hats for $799. Seemed like a decent deal to me...
  8. Jbravo

DDrum quicksilver Vs thomann "the Strike"

I bought the Ddrum version used. I kept it for a few weeks. I was seriously underwhelmed...
  9. Jbravo

Anyone hear of Wincent Drumsticks?

I do tend to over-stock on sticks for an at home player...
  10. Jbravo

Anyone hear of Wincent Drumsticks?

I’ve been using 5A XXL’s for about a year. Can’t say enough good about them. I bought 10 pair, and am just getting to the point where the neck is wearing thin enough on the first pair where the next pair is about to be used. ( in fairness I have to mention I only get time to play a half hour or...
  11. Jbravo

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Although I love WMP, (my Ludwig’s are vintage WMP), I have to admit that some of the drummers I mentioned had that sketchy 60’s-70’s fashion sense, but I will admit I like the big suits of the 40’s...
  12. Jbravo

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Buddy Rich , Gene Krupa, Ed Schaunessy, Louis Bellson....
  13. Jbravo

Ludwig Acrolite Reissue

I wanted one to go with my new classic maple kit a year and a half ago, and had no issue with paying the price. I bought next to new, and paid more than a lot of you seem willing too, but I was only interested in a 6.5x14. I have no regrets, and love the drum. I’ve thought about a Supraphonic...
  14. Jbravo

Bet they’d make killer hats too...👍
  15. Jbravo

Soft/heavy sounding hi-hats

Zildjian 15 or 16 K light hats have a lower pitch and a very smooth sound.