Recent content by jasz

1. J

DRUMCENTER Sonor, Tama, DW ...The DCP Dream Drum Sets Showcase

To be fair it happens on TAMA too. I'm sure there are Walnut Exotic kits that look similar. I know the Movingui plies on the kit I sent back were a good example :)
  2. J

22"x18" vs 24"x14" bass drum?

I'll never buy a 17" - 18" depth kick again. It requires a heavier foot IMO. (I don't really muffle my kicks) Currently have a 14x22 Starclassic Maple and I love it. I think 16x22 would be my limit as I do miss some of the boom or shape of the sound but 14" excels in versatility, especially...
  3. J

Show off your Ludwigs? : )

wow.. If I buy a ludwig kit, its 100% going to be lacquer.. lol
  4. J

What about Birch? Who make the best birch kits?

I'm actually surprised DCP didn't open up one for their other kits. They have a 3 piece SQ1 in your Green finish with a 8x12 tom. They should just work out a discount for the inventory BD/FT from sonar IMO.. Makes more sense to me at least.
  5. J

Ah didnt read that part.. Weird..
  6. J

Does sound like a sonar fault, but DCP should refund you and cover returns regardless as they purchased the kit from sonar to sell to you.
  7. J

Drum Kits under 1k

I agree but there's no reason to really hate Yamaha other than personal vendettas. They operate in the same fashion as most major drum makers regardless of personal beliefs. Kinda weird that its only for the black kit, but I guess that color doesn't sell on Amazon, hence the algorithm forcing...
  8. J

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Wish I had a 14x14 to match.. but then it wouldn't be a 4 piece.. 5.5x14 8x12 16x16 14x22
  9. J

Changes to the Renown series that Gretsch players may not be aware of.

Its Reliance/Dixon. They OEM hardware/drums for multiple top companies.
  10. J

Sweetwater Exclusive Gretsch Renown

True, but that's likely the case for anything custom out of Asia. The price is also likely significantly inflated due to 2020 price jumps :( Maybe ill get lucky and find a used one in excellent conditon down the road, but thats going to be 1/1million chance lol.
  11. J

Sweetwater Exclusive Gretsch Renown

I think I need to buy a 14x14 floor tom for my Starclassic maple.. would be same sizes :) Nice kit
  12. J

Changes to the Renown series that Gretsch players may not be aware of.

8x12 is a traditional classic tom size. Gretsch offered these sizes for the 2009 renown, just not in a pre-configured shell pack which is more or less working off fads of the market. Most brands tend to offer similar options relative to current RN2 for pre-configured shell packs these days...
  13. J

Would love for them to re-introduce a "Premium" Starclassic Birch line. Last one was 96 or 97. The performers don't count.
  14. J

BEST AFFORDABLE 'BONHAM' SIZE SHELL KIT

Lugwig Centennial Zep? https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ludwig/Centennial-Zep-4-Piece-Shell-Pack-Natural-1346771479089.gc?cntry=us&source=4SOS0DRBA Not sure if you can find one in Canada for a similar price though.. Believe its Reliance/Dixon made so shell quality should be top notch and arguably...
  15. J

Anyone have experience with the newer Yamaha lightweight aluminum hardware?

Thanks for the responses. I'm 100% interested but I'm cautious on the hi hat not being able to swivel. Im going to run down to my local guitar center to check these out in person.