Recent content by Jasta 11

1. J

Your best 5 Paiste Cymbals

The Paiste cymbals in my bag right now are 20",18",16",15" sound edge hats and a 10" splash, all 2002's. That's 5.
  2. J

Drum Badge Tier List!

The Ludwig accent badge always reminded me of a stretched out penny after being run over by a train or from those things at fairs that stretch pennies.
  3. J

Does Anyone Actually Gig with A&F Kits and Snares?

Everything you pointed out are reasons NOT to buy one!
  4. J

Does Anyone Actually Gig with A&F Kits and Snares?

A&F also sells square cymbals??? I hit the shoulder of my stick on my ride purposely at times and because the cymbal is round, I always get the result i am looking for. A square ride would move ( my round one moves) and is so impractical on so many levels I think it was designed by a non...
  5. J

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Looks good, nice finish.
  6. J

How to dampen or lower-down the volume of an 8" splash?

Use mesh heads and those plastic practice cymbals from Pintech or some other company. If its about practicing quiet, then play something that doesn't create real sound.
  7. J

Wood beater suggestions?

I bought a few wood beaters, custom and Low boys etc looking for more punch/attack. Then I got a Trick Dead Blow beater. It its a game changer. No more wood, felt , plastic whatever, get the Trick beater!
  8. J

Famous flubs?

sounds like a 6 inch splash cymbal more than a rim.
  9. J

This is a cool look

Did DW up the price for the no color look? I like my 5000 Black and Red
  10. J

Are Paiste Giant Beats and Paiste 404 the same?

It doesn’t feel like budget cymbal. It feels a little “thicker” than the Giant Beat. But I don’t know if it’s actually thicker or heavier. I checked the serial number and it’s a 404 from 1986. Not sure if they were thin or not back then. Still feel like I scored for $50 though. the 404's...
  11. J

Are Paiste Giant Beats and Paiste 404 the same?

LOVED the 404 and 505 lines. when i was young they were so inexpensive and sounded great. an 18 inch crash was like 30 bucks new! i think a 404 16 was like 22 dollars!!!!!! that's not a lot of money today and wasn't a lot back them either. they didn't last and would crack a but the price was...
  12. J

Bop & cafe kits

i have always been tempted to get one of these, just not sure of the sound of the bass and snare. i love the idea of just walking into a gig and dropping this thing down though.
  13. J

What happens to me after watching Buddy lol

Your a Traditional grip player....let me be the first to block YOU!! hahaha nice job!
  14. J

How do you guys search craigslist?

hahaha all of the above as i sit here with my coffee and readers on!
  15. J

How do you guys search craigslist?

There is a guy around here that has the typical Wanted old drums post. he is the typical scammer/ poster that is hoping someone will sell grandpas round badge Gretsch kit for 50 bucks. He has about 5 ads running at all times to buy, i have NEVER seen him sell.