Recent content by JasperGTR

1. J

808 Trigger?

I searched for 808, and found 0 results. I'm looking to pick up an 808 trigger (for bass drops), and having a hard time not buying too much unnecessary junk that goes with some pre-made setups (with 8000 sounds, and 24 pads, etc...). Anyone have any advice?
  2. J

Problem with Star Cast Mounts

I recently purchased another kit of Tama Rockstar (not my first Rockstar kit). This one came with star cast mounts. I originally thought it would be an improvement over the original mount connecting directly to the shell. So as I was setting it up, I noticed that the star cast mounts touch...
  3. J

Double Pedal Bag?

I was looking through a website for something unrelated to the topic, and came across the Gibraltar bag for double pedals. Now this intrigues me, because I don't like carrying my pedals open like I currently do. My Speed Cobras came with a hard case, but I have no intention of disconnecting...
  4. J

Mic Cable management (for racks)

So I've moved to a rack setup, trying to tidy up the kit, plus the other three dozen reasons I switched from stands. And as I go to different venues, I try and run the mics in a similar fashion. In the end, there are a few mic cables draped for the toms, snare, hihats, etc... (overheads are...
  5. J

Help Eliminate Cymbal Resonance

I've recently went to a Pearl ICON setup, instead of stands (which I've used for over the last 30 years). I LOVE the flexibility and control I have for mounting options. However, when I was putting the cymbals on, I heard the metal of the wing nut being applied vibrate throughout the rack...