J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J
      Jamos33 reacted to Rattlin' Bones's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      I dunno if I can tell the difference. If you're listening to lots of kits played on Youtube or retailer videos, there is going to be...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to I-P's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Heads influence sound WAY more than wood type. Change My Mind.
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to equipmentdork's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Regarding birch, I have Yamaha Recording Custom(80s), Tama Superstar(80s), Premier Genista / Artist Birch, and Sonor Force 3000, and...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to BobC's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      I will say that I did like the bass drums on both Tama birch sets I owned, but that was all.
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to Iristone's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      To be fair: Could be that birch works a bit better through the mic. I'm thinking of birch as the "audience side wood" and maple the...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to JimmyM's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      I like both just fine, but I have a thing for maple because I like the more aggressive thing it does. That said, I would take a set of...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to Kim Barti's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Ive been a maple user for many years and love the wood..i had a teaching kit made of birch and found the sound to be a little dry for my...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to A J's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Many years ago, I asked a pro drummer which does he prefer, maple or birch. He responded.... "Yes". :) We both laughed and he went on...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      I voted with my wallet and replaced my birch kits with maple ones. I don't dislike birch at all but maple is where it's at, for me.
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to mikyok's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Had some amazing Birch kits, none of which I still own and the toms have always really stood out. Especially when recorded. Good birch...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to IBitePrettyHard's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Close-miking is terrible for drum demoing purposes. It distorts and homogenizes everything. It blows my mind that so many demo...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to I-P's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      I'm a HUGE advocate for room mics on YouTube videos. Need LOTS more of it.
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to Jeff Almeyda's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      The player, hardware and heads have much more influence on the sound than the wood species. If the drums are miced then all bets are...
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to Artstar's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Drum Center CZ
    • J
      Jamos33 reacted to Iristone's post in the thread Maple vs Birch with Like Like.
      Some of the differences could be due to some factors other than the material. For example, I vastly prefer Tama's Superstar Birch...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back