Recent content by James Hart

1. James Hart

What are you listening to right now?

Little Sco at the moment... my playlist has been in use a good month now, occasionally reshuffle it after adding more to it (2 days, 2 hours long at the moment)
  2. James Hart

I'm frozen in my chair now... really want to grab a guitar, but.just.can't (I do have a pair of sticks in my hand) I've made a new playlist that is playing far too loud 1.) DSOTM 2.) Wish You Were Here 3.) Animals 4.) The Wall I am sitting at my desk with them playing through my 1978 Sony...
  3. James Hart

my playlist of the moment...
  4. James Hart

Sparkle Kits?

some day! I'm a life long, grey beard bassist (and guitarist) that is new to drums, I have decent hardware & snare around some starter shells with okay cymbals... I will be adding some Gretsch Brooklyn shells in Gold Sparkle eventually... sizes and config to be determined by my experiences once...
  5. James Hart

Drum Center of Portsmouth

ordered a new Tama HH915D a couple years back and got a floor model. They fixed the issue with no pause... I'll buy from them again.
  6. James Hart

show off your snare

just the one... my Gretsch Brooklyn Standard
  7. James Hart

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

My 4 piece... crappy but good enough for me (for now) Astro shells, Gretsch snare, Tama hardware, Meinl cymbals & bell, Evans heads.
  8. James Hart

If you could study under one drummer …dead or alive, who would it be?

Definitely Bill Ward for me... or maybe Ringo. As a bassist, I had the pleasure of being in 2 bands with a guy that studied under Steve Smith at P.I.T. AND Joe Morelo in private lessons. If I was worth their time... I imagine they would be 2 to put on my list as well.
  9. James Hart

Heads are like bass strings…I hate them, too!

I will upgrade to Gretsch USA built shells... Broadkasters are the current choice. Probably early next year if I'm still digging it. Got my eye on a 16" Meinl hi-hat set first.
  10. James Hart

How big is your band room

my home office / home studio / man cave is 14' x 15' with a vaulted ceiling that runs from 10' to 16'. I have a pair of desks (1 work laptop and 1 my DAW setup) in a corner, electric guitar and bass set ups in another. Acoustic guitars and Upright bass in the next... and my kit in the last...
  11. James Hart

Heads are like bass strings…I hate them, too!

Since the early 80s... ultra light stainless rounds... brands have changed but the specs stay the same. I've added some fancy nickel flats my fretless 6 and... oh wait, drum forum :cool: I had zero preference, liked the look of the Evan Onyx stuff, liked what I heard on youtube... gave them a...
  12. James Hart

What's your latest purchase?

I did a lot of research and ended up with his signature snare too... not for him, but because they were both what I was after
  13. James Hart

What's your latest purchase?

Tama Round Rider XL. definitely worth the purchase for a large guy like me. Nice solid base... and looks good doing it.
Back