Recent content by JAKD-UP

1. JAKD-UP

Anybody tried/own Zildjian A rock hi-hats?

Like the title says. I've found some 15" rock hats on CL here for $175. Seems like a good deal and have been wanting some 15" hats for a little while now. Could someone describe their sound? I noticed Zildjian doesn't really make em anymore so no help there. I've got a set of 14" A custom...
  2. JAKD-UP

Everyone might appreciate this steal....

picking them up this afternoon... Spaun custom series in maple 24,10,13,16,18 w/a snare in green glass wrap and black hardware. Humes and berg hardcases with lining for every drum New heads on tops and bottoms of every drum and a Tama double tom stand. All for $1489 out the door. I played these...
  3. JAKD-UP

2010 finishes? When will we see them?

Maybe someone knows or it has already been mentioned. I'm just curious as to when we will see what's new from Drum Co.'s for 2010. I want to get a starclassic bubinga kit soon but curious how long I should hold out for new finishes from Tama. Namm is next month correct? Just figured with the...
  4. JAKD-UP

Need some help or advice

So I'm really wanting a Tama Bubinga kit but looks like it's gonna be a little while before I can get the funds together. Originally I was thinking about just doing Keller shells again in Birch instead of maple but after playing the bubingas I'm definitely sold. Anways my question is on my...
  5. JAKD-UP

studio videos and a pic of my kit

Sunday I recorded 5 songs in a very well known studio here in Nashville for my band Autostatic. Lots of albums have been recorded there so I was pretty excited to be in there. Turned out way better than I thought. First time recording with these maple keller shells and they blew everyone away...
  6. JAKD-UP

building another keller kit...need/want opinions

So I've been looking at getting another kit already made. Looked at the ddrum dominator series since the sizes are exactly what I have now. But once I thought about it I realized I could build another keller shell kit like my current one for alot cheaper. Looking into the same set up (1 rack...
  7. JAKD-UP

Looking to experiment with my hats...

I absolutely love my 14" A custom mastersound hats. I've had them for a couple of years now and luckily no cracks. But I'm scared that one of these days the top is gonna crack on me cause I do play on them pretty heavy at times. I've actually thought about experimenting with a ZC dyno beat top...