Recent content by J-Boogie

1. J

John Paul George and Pete

2. J

You Don't Have To Be A Fan Of This Music Particularly To Appreciate The Dexterity Required To Play This

Reminds me of this awesome guy, remember this anyone:
  3. J

Barrie Barlow 70th Birthday Greetings

Would have loved to have been at that show with ya Croc! I came to appreciate Clive after Barrie, oddly enough. Two powerhouses, but I think the main difference is what you pointed out, just how tight the new guy was! Great band, great musicians....Im not through with Jethro Tull yet.
  4. J

Honestly, not to seem too fickle, but the whole reason I went and checked him out and came to the table already liking him, a bit biased, was because of John Bonhams statement. I was not disappointed one tiny little bit, I cant say I disagree with Bonham. BB is the man!
  5. J

How to practice playing fast

I think Jeff was pretty well known for his one handed hi hat 16th.
  6. J

Advertisements Galore?

I require them to inform me on how to live and what products I will need to buy.
  7. J

My man....he was so gd good with Jethro Tull! Love his playing, happy bday to the man! Im gona don a hat and hike my gym socks up in his honor today!
  8. J

Alan Dawson plays Take 5

Thats so cool Alex, I want a copy now too. I sorta only know Dawson as an educator, haven't heard much of his playing besides a few clips here and there. Any other Dawson recommendations? Very interesting tidbit pointing out the hi hat work. Its great to put things in a timeline to know ur...
  9. J

Alan Dawson plays Take 5

Is that a concert tom Fibes kit? This is fabulous, I approve too....of the playing, not Brubecks pants, I just want to be clear about that.
  10. J

Lessons from trying to go cheap

No, the man has a pro touch and plays beautifully. I heed this advice, thanks Bo
  11. J

Getting to be a bit much

You got me by 20 years so I dont really have advice, but I do want to say that I admire you very much. I think you've earned the right to do whats best for you at this point. Maybe try to line something up before you give notice? Just want to have you avoid a down time from playing, or more so...
  12. J

Happy Birthday Ringo

He did in fact wear several rings and was fond of them, I believe that's where the nicname came from.
  13. J

Backwards Fills

Sometimes you just catch lightening in a bottle on a recording sesh huh. No way Clyde is hitting that same Funky Drummer breakdown beat the same either. Perhaps the way it was recorded 8, made the toms sound smaller or larger in the mix which perhaps giving an impression of a lower pitch? Like...
  14. J

Backwards Fills

Dude, Im so glad I read this. You always make us think and point out amazing things. Ur a treasure around here! Thank you
  15. J

Backwards Fills

Yeah its like, the valley girl thing. To like end in an upward inflection. Like everythings a question.