Recent content by ineedaclutch

1. ineedaclutch

Dire Straits 'Calling Elvis' with Noble & Cooley/Istanbul Agop content

Great video! Nice to have you around here.
  2. ineedaclutch

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

The tom arms are in charge now. ☠ This is a bad situation all around, but Sweetwater will take care of you. I have no idea what could be going on over there, other than the aforementioned tom arms seizing control, but it will get resolved.
  3. ineedaclutch

Is that a tom?

Some people do it to mix up tom fills without changing sticking, or to break up descending/ascending fills. I do it because I use the 12" more frequently than the 10" next to it. I want the sound I use more right in front of the snare for easier access.
  4. ineedaclutch

Is that a tom?

It is a side snare tuned up higher than the main snare. Quite common. As for the toms, I do that as well. It is simply a personal preference in my case.
  5. ineedaclutch

What's better

This would be my choice. I can't do it, but I wish I could.
  6. ineedaclutch

Smaller diameter tom deeper than the succeeding tom...

This gets my vote too. I usually play a 4pc, but if I do 2u/1d it’s 12/10/14, 12/10/16/, or 13/12/16.
  7. ineedaclutch

Roommate plays electric drums

I could not imagine living with a drummer.
  8. ineedaclutch

Gretsch Renown - Issue with 20" Bass Drum

Another vote for the Dixson lift here. While not necessary, it does make quite a difference in sound and beater placement.
  9. ineedaclutch

A solo

Welcome back Duck Tape!
  10. ineedaclutch

Frank Zappa transcription project

Awesome project to take on that is! Man, I remember hearing Zomby Woof for the first time. It was the live version from Cheap Thrills. Great work!
  11. ineedaclutch

Old Hi-hat Clutches

Yup. More of a collet/chuck design. Still others had the bowtie style clips that clamped the rod.
  12. ineedaclutch

Tama Starclassic Performer (birch/maple) vs. All Maple

I feel that way too, but some people dig that. I prefer a flatter, more natural sound. I hear that. It makes things so much more enjoyable when working on something IMO.
  13. ineedaclutch

Jazz drumming: thinking vs feeling

Exactly. I think that is the level we strive for. I do at least. Still trying. 🥁🤕
  14. ineedaclutch

Jazz drumming: thinking vs feeling

I do not think you can have one without the other. You do the math homework at home so you know what to do when you take the test in the classroom. Edit: to make a little more sense