Recent content by indedrum

1. indedrum

That's Not What I've Been Told! Drum Sound Physics

He is talking about resonance and sustain as the same thing, but they are inversely related. He actually does a good job explaining the physics of drums, but from the perspective that the sound that everyone wants is the big open and sustainy tones of thick heavy drums. That works for some...
  2. indedrum

INDe's New Ultralight Aluminum Floor Tom Legs

It's about 2 lbs. savings on equivalent length set of 10.5mm legs. The fact that you can get them just the length you need is nice- you can often leave them on the floor tom and fit inside the bag or case. Most modern floor tom legs are 22+ inches, which have to go in a hardware bag.
  3. indedrum

INDe's New Ultralight Aluminum Floor Tom Legs

I can't say I have used them on every type of clamp, but they work extremely well in ours! You are correct that the softness of the aluminum helps them grab. Also, we finish them with a brushed texture that acts as a micro-knurling. They work great on everything I have tried them with!
  4. indedrum

Ludwig ATLAS Mounts

The Atlas mounts work well on some drums, and not so much on others (I should know, I designed them). The problem is that the spring rate of the elastomers is fixed. Shameless plug here: I highly recommend trying the INDe BR2 brackets. They will replace the Ludwig brackets on your shells...
  5. indedrum

iNDE Kalamazoo Bronze Snares

Hi, just wanted to give my thoughts on this- we have tested the seams extensively, and they are quite robust. Rivets have been used to hold airplanes together for decades- it's a very reliable fastening method, and doesn't have any heat-affected zone like welding. In the rare case that...
  6. indedrum

INDe ResoArmor Kits

Just a couple of obviously biased thoughts on this! First, I think if you are buying drums as an investment, you should be buying vintage. New drums don't go up in value. If you are buying for the best possible drums for the money that you will enjoy playing, how could it get better than an...
  7. indedrum

Floor Tom Mounting - My First World Problem

One other option would be our INDe BR3 brackets- you can add clamps for floor tom legs without drilling any holes. The brackets just go into factory lug holes, and then you can add floor tom legs of your choice. https://www.indedrum.com/drum-upgrades-accessories/inde-suspension-mounting-bracket
  8. indedrum

new ludwig club date spurs

The bracket looks that way because it's designed to flex- it adds suspension to the drum and allows for increased resonance. But if that's not your thing, that's cool!
  9. indedrum

New Black Beauty, No Serial

The serial numbers are now only on the sticker inside. Ludwig could tell you the exact manufacturing date and components based off of that number, but I don't know how to translate the number (if I remember correctly, some digits of the number are a coded date). If it's a black beauty, then...
  10. indedrum

new ludwig club date spurs

We have a spur kit that fits these perfectly, and have upgraded a lot of newer Club Dates! I have actually sold several sets to Ludwig endorsers! https://www.indedrum.com/drum-upgrades-accessories/inde-suspension-mounting-bracket-z7nsy
  11. indedrum

That notorious Ludwig Acrolite throw off let me down last night

They are just incorrect on that- it fits most 5" drums, most 6.5" drums, but I have seen issues on both. Just depends on who set up the drill press at Ludwig the day the drum was made. And with our spacers, they will fit nearly any Ludwig.
  12. indedrum

That notorious Ludwig Acrolite throw off let me down last night

We see the bead-fit issue on some Ludwigs- maybe 10%- their hole location is really inconsistent. I have some spacers that resolve the issue, and I send them out at no charge when needed!
  13. indedrum

XL INDe BR2 Suspension Brackets, fits larger hole spacings

We just launched a new product that may solve some problems for drummers here! Our BR2 suspension bracket now comes in 2 sizes, accommodating hole spacings up to 80mm/3.2". This opens the door to new mounting options for some Gretsch, and Slingerland drums, even ones with the diamond...
  14. indedrum

New blog post about Shell Construction

Hope you dig it! http://www.indedrum.com/blog/2018/1/11/drum-shell-design-101
  15. indedrum

Vintage Spur Bass Upgrade

We figured out that our INDe spurs make a great upgrade for a lot of vintage drums, and introduced a kit that will retrofit without drilling. It works great to replace vintage (or new) Ludwig gullwing spurs, and curved spurs, and may work for many others. It fits 2-hole mounting patterns with...
Back